VP44 help for a 12v guy

jkretzer

MegaCrank
I have and read a lot and I have learned a lot so far, but I didn't find enough information to answer all my questions. a good friend of mine has an 01 24v, auto by tim barber, the truck has a completely stock engine that is used around his farm. he told me the other day his cel light was on and that the truck seemed to be lacking in power but ran ok. I checked the codes and the only code was p1693. I cleared it and had him change the fuel filter. he called me last night and said it has ran fine for the past week but he went to start it yesterday and it wont start. truck has 150k, completely stock all its life and all original parts (other than the trans). I am sure the vp44 is probably going to be the culprit, how do I go about testing it and confirming that is the problem? I am a 12v, no experience with the newer stuff, so any help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

P1693 is just a companion code and always be more codes. So you need a better code reader. Don't use the key trick because this turns out to only get half of the codes on most years except 2002 which works correctly.

So if the problem is real the code will return is a short 5 mile drive as the vehicle warms back up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt3RQbAKvg4