Want to do a 6.7 vp

My truck was going to be a vp 6.7 but we switched to commonrail, all the mods were done. The easyest way to make a 6.7 a vp is to use a 01-02 front cover,cam, computer.Then drill 4 new holes in the front of the block and plug one for the vp cover, remove crank gear and install older angle cut gear .Then mill off the bottom of the front cover and weld on bar stock for the pan rail. the block must be ground on or milled where the vp pump would go , there is a boss in the way. I would use the 6.7 cubes to help with smoke control and low end.

I talked to Mike today and like described above is pretty much what he said to do. Im not sure how much needs to be changed so I dont have a check engine light. To conver to 01-02 I know engine harness,ecm, pcm that match vins and bcm. Im not sure I want to go through all that trouble and have it maybe have a check engine light.

I think his truck is an 01 and from what I read he is using a 5.9 block. I'll try to get ahold of him.

No It's a 6.7 block. There was a magazine article that claimed it was 5.9, it was wrong and Karl got about a billion phone calls because of that incorrect information.

No It's a 6.7 block. There was a magazine article that claimed it was 5.9, it was wrong and Karl got about a billion phone calls because of that incorrect information.

Yeah, I found that out after talking to Mike

01 computer and wire harness will work , stock99 pcm communicates with 01 . Just must both be auto or manual

01 computer and wire harness will work , stock99 pcm communicates with 01 . Just must both be auto or manual
I know that but it will have a cel because they do not have matching vins.

I know that but it will have a cel because they do not have matching vins.

Once up and running pull the bulb??

No idea if that would work. Just rambling and thinking CA emission testing sucks hard knocks.

They hook up and scan it so it has to be correct. From what I have been told by a cummins tech and a dodge tech once it has a vin it can not be changed.

I'm not buying that. There are several folks on here who have had the vins changed on an ECM or PCM. Perhaps Bob Wagner could help you out.

I have a couple of trucks running miss matched vin ecms and no codes (vp trucks)

I didn't see it mentioned, so I'll throw it out there. Have you counted the notches on a CR balancer tone ring? Maybe its the same as the 24v tone rings. Then use the crank sensor on the balancer.