wanting to hook for first time ever.....LOTS of questions

Mud grapplers are meaty, but dodges usually don't "hop" my buddy pulls a first get with mud grapplers in 2.6 and he runs ALOT of tire pressure to make sure they don't grab to much, Imo the tires with less tread do better esp if you are on the lower power levels esp with a Manual trans want them to spin some for your clutch , I've pulled a good bit and always had alot of tread and been fine but mine is a 6.7 auto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryan, my 285 are between the 4 tires, anywhere between 1 or 2 32nds and maybe 4 or 5 32nds. rears were below wear bar indicators and fronts were a lil above

Can you hang weight? if so run the bald ones in back and so so ones in front and air down the fronts a little. It will be very hard to launch in 4lo 4th gear with those big grapplers and i think you'll need 4th gear to compete there

no i dont have any type of weight bracket, like i said this is my first time ever trying this.....how low would you air front tires down to?

go with the 285's. I hooked last night for the first time with 35's and 3.50 gears and destroyed my single disk.

35's, 3.50's , clay track, single disk, and an NTPA sled do not play well together

30 in the back i think a little too low they would look flat on the heavy end

Yeah, 35's and 3:54's are going to kick your azz unless you pull 3rd gear low side I'm guessing. We ran the white ford all last year in either 2nd gear high side, or 3rd gear low side. But it's a NV4500, had 4.10's and 285's. High side was a bit too much on a tight track. Go to Correctionville Ia July 4th and you can watch Nick pull. His truck has 3:54's and 265's right now. I think he'll be going 3rd gear low side. He might pull 2nd high, you never know with him. :)

I'm not the best to ask, but I think I can help here because I've pulled a bit around that power level, and never broke down. Leave on the good tires. I pull in third 4lo with a five speed, I think 4th in a six would be better, as its a bit faster. I rev it up to around 2k, slip the clutch to get it to move and then put it to the floor.
Hope this helps.

Tyler...I think you jinxed yourself.

Back