Water Injection nozzle size?

deerefanatic

Always learnin...
Hey guys, getting the last bits of my Chummins wrapped up. Gettin ready to do the water injection. I have a Cooling Mist controller that I'm going to set up for 2 stage injection. I've got the 220psi Snow performance pump, and a 100 and 175cc nozzles...

Truck is a 12v with 188/211 (reground industrial cam) and H1c/HT60 twins with 5x16 sac injectors, 131 dv's, and soon to be racked pump barrels. I've got a water/air aftercooler that runs off of a heat exchanger (ford taurus radiator) out front. You guys think those nozzles will be big enough, or should I go bigger? I want to keep EGT's managable when towing.

Thanks for any input. :)

Will you be using the mpg-plus settings of the CM controller, or just twin nozzles?

I'm not using a snow performance kit, mine will be without a controller and just a pressure switch

I was referring to the coolingmist (CM) controller. It can control two nozzles separately.

MPG-plus is a snow performance thing..... This is just for EGT control for my majorly oversized injectors. :)

I'll be using a 100 & 175 cc nozzles together for stage 1, then 625cc nozzle for stage 2

Youre right. my bad. No my setup wont have the mpg thing. I plan to start stage 1 at over 2500 rpm or over 950f, whichever happens first. Hit stage 2 at 1100f or 3000rpm

Back