Water/meth installed - quick question

snowbound

Maiden voyage. Had lower set at about 8psi , top at 30psi. Cruising at 65mph@1880rpm. Showing around 7-8psi. System was injecting and the engine started to get " chuggy " and exhaust was white. As soon as I turned the power off things cleared up. QUENCH ?? Do I just need to set the start psi higher ? Nozzles are one 375 and one 625. (Snow stage 2.) Used over a gallon of the blue stuff in 50 mile and not running it full time.

i've got a 175ml that comes on at 10psi. and two 625's that come on at 30psi

i only have one 625 nozzle in mine. i have mine set up to come on at 8psi and full at 20psi. that's way too much water.

O K ... I was just following instructions. It came with the dual nozzle kit and 2-625 and 1-375 nozzle. I pulled the 625 left the 375 and plugged the other hole. Anyone want a couple of 625 nozzles ? Also have a small reservoir with float kit for someone ? Used 1.5 gallons ! Just refilled.

:doh::doh:just a dumb question here.... is it possible that there is the combo of still winter fuel causing a far too low btu fuel with the too much mixture off water/meth? Chugging being some cylinders not even igniting even though the methanol is supposed to be a catalyst, at those volumes and with the presence of low btu fuel would you expect the results you have? Remember, i said this was a dumb question. Be nice.

:blahblah1::blahblah1::redx::redx:

Last edited:
I think they hit the nail on the head. Low boost and adding close to a litre of mix /minute with no load. Maybe the 6.0l WILL run on straight water !!

I didn't realize you guys were running the water that early in the boost. Cruising around, our boost (6.0’s) numbers are usually 5 to 10 and egt's around 600-800. I would have figured that you would want it to come on around 15lbs of boost and 1000 + degrees.

Are you guys adding for power or trying to cool your egt's?

im in it for the power/egt reduction, my 175ml nozzle is on the outlet flange of the intercooler and my 625's are staggered on each side of the intake horn