Waxing

nummit

What do you recommend to applying and removing wax?
I have always used a clean cloth but I just read using anything other than a microfiber cloth will cause hazing of the paint.
Where can I get a microfiber cloth? or is there anything better to use?

TMB can probably give a definite answer but I have always used good quality terry cloth towels that have been washed several times before hand to get the lint and stuff out and never had any problems.

John

Microfiber all the way.. Any thing else will leave swirls in the paint..

railguy1 said:
Microfiber all the way.. Any thing else will leave swirls in the paint..

Where are you getting microfiber? I will get some if I can find it

Can't really remember. Not super expensive, but more expensive than terry cloth towels. They came in a 3 pack..

The only wax my truck gets is the stuff that shoots out at the car wash. LOL
Matter of fact...I just waxed it last night.

DCSpecial said:
I've gotten microfiber towels at Auto Zone before......

you can get em at autozone, wally world or the like.... BUT while they are still better than terry they arent as good as some other MFs out there. keep in mind tho, there are only a few places in the world that make top quality MFs to my knowledge

_CH_ said:
you can get em at autozone, wally world or the like.... BUT while they are still better than terry they arent as good as some other MFs out there. keep in mind tho, there are only a few places in the world that make top quality MFs to my knowledge

In your opinion, is a lower quality microfiber still better than a terry cloth?

I have always just used terry. I always wash them 3 times or so and use fabric softener on them before hand. If you get swirls in the paint, you're rubbing too hard.

I hear that MF is good, but like everything else, it depends on the quality. If the trim is sewn on w/ nylon, it will also scratch/swirl your paint. You can order a pretty good MF towel from Meguires....

4S FED said:
I have always just used terry. I always wash them 3 times or so and use fabric softener on them before hand. If you get swirls in the paint, you're rubbing too hard.

I hear that MF is good, but like everything else, it depends on the quality. If the trim is sewn on w/ nylon, it will also scratch/swirl your paint. You can order a pretty good MF towel from Meguires....

quite true( but also true of terry, which will often have an even larger border - STAY AWAY from ones with a border). gotta also make sure they dont have tags on em.
A good tip: If your MF towel is 'dead' you can boil it and it will come back to like new!

Bear Hunter said:
I use cloth diapers...new and washed in softener of course

also a good way to go....never bothered with the softener tho. its just more chemicals to get on em - and NEVER wash MF towels w/ fabric softener.

I don't know where I would find the time..
work, taken care of stuff around the house etc.. No time for wax on wax off.
I'm with UnBroken on this one... spray at the car wash...

I used to hate waxing my rig until andy gave me some Presta Quick Wax. I can do the whole truck, in the sun in about 30 minutes. It takes about 15 to put it on and 15 to take it off.... Easy as pie.

Timbeaux38 said:
I used to hate waxing my rig until andy gave me some Presta Quick Wax. I can do the whole truck, in the sun in about 30 minutes. It takes about 15 to put it on and 15 to take it off.... Easy as pie.

Available where?? Autozone? Napa?