weird noise from intake?

05BHD

well i switched out my banks intake for a bigmouth CFM yesterday and when i go to get on it then let off it has this weird screach noise almost like a belt going bad. sounds as if its from the air intake.

ford stripped the screws out of the banks and it was leaking oil everywere. plus i got the cfm with the ports.

would it have anything to do with my fuel system. i checked the filter and it seams fine. does it when i get on it and when i let off. almost like a squeaky noise.

ford stripped the screws out of the banks and it was leaking oil everywere. plus i got the cfm with the ports.

Yet another reason not to let anyone touch your truck. That sucks. Ports? Does that mean already tapped for some type of injection?

Anyone want to start a poll on whether or not FORD stripped that on accident?

The problem lies in the 6mm studs that are supplied with the banks intake. They aren't really 6mm like the factory bolts. They are 6mm 1.5 on one end and 1/4-20 on the other. They don't have the right diameter and don't go down far enough. When I fix others mistakes I just put a 1/4-20 tap into the intake and make 4 new studs. Works alot better that way.

The problem lies in the 6mm studs that are supplied with the banks intake. They aren't really 6mm like the factory bolts. They are 6mm 1.5 on one end and 1/4-20 on the other. They don't have the right diameter and don't go down far enough. When I fix others mistakes I just put a 1/4-20 tap into the intake and make 4 new studs. Works alot better that way.

Good info share, thanks. I'll remember to be prepared to correct if I ever take mine off.