well i think my head gaskets finally went!

Is it pouring white smoke out the exhaust? If not, its something other than the HG's. You'll know when its the head gaskets.

6owed said:
is the AIRAID a bad thing for them to see?
or does it just depend on the tech?
my suggestion is put it as STOCK as possible and you wont have any problems at all

I'm having the same issues. My truck has been puking for quite a while now, I have the EGR delete, SCT turned off with Innovative X street, and the other day after "driving" through over 2 feet of snow, puked BIG time while being easy on it. Added coolant, returned to stock programing, no more puking. Then I reloaded X street, and lost over a gallon of coolant. Studs and gaskets where already on the way, will be installed during the next week, will tell you if problem is fixed.

Well, in my caes this the problem was blown gaskets....and warped heads... :bang . Hopefully thats not your case

Rene G

p.s. there was white smoke, but it was not pouring out, just a bit, mostly when cold

Just rambling...

This is why it's useful to dyno your truck now and then, and particularly when stock.

If you have dyno's, and you think you blew a headgasket (losing combustion pressure), it should show a power loss.

I doubt if you blew the headgasket if it doesn't puke with stock tuning in it. A blown headgasket is normally a "failure" where the gasket material has eroded, and it won't hold combustion pressure at stock WOT engine output.

But I could certainly be wrong.

go stand on it with the stock tune in it and see if it pukes..

i put it back to stock a while ago, and went to go stand on it a bunch and cant seem to make her puke. i then put ID's street tune in and no pukey there. i just put in the Xtreme street tune again yestarday and no puke yet, but havnt been to hard on her. it just seemed wierd that it puked twice in a row when this all happend at first. it never puked before and then twice in two days it blew chunks all over. i was thinking that i had just piked it up from ford acouple days prior to this puking issue. and just now thought that maybe they didnt put the degas cap back on right. cause i've heard that some guys and girls have had problems with the cap not fitting right! i'll have to check that.

Well I hope maybe thats what it was?? Head Gaskets would be rough..or even worse a warped Head.

man i hope it isnt HG's, i know i drive a dodge but when i blew mine it didnt smoke white, it just puked coolant and i was only very mildly modded hitting only 31 lbs of boost. i drove like that for nearly a yr until it finally blew and was knocking and belching white smoke. initially i only had compression to water seepage. that is why i only saw it puke under load or hot rodding. you can get your coolant tested and a pressure test done by a local radiator shop. good luck

if your truck aint modded too much and you can get it to puke under a load stock, then take it into ford and have them fix it, it would only cost 100$ deductable and then the 500$ for studs. i wish ours would blow again then we would have ford stud it, then NO WORRIES LOL

yeah it almost seems like i'm just waiting to see if they blow or not. if they do blow i hope it happens soon, cause i'm leaving for wyotech jan 2nd. that would suck to be at school with blown head gaskets!
i havent been hard on her, just alittle heasitant to open her up. man, this reminds me of my rx7 all over again. 480whp out of a 1.3l, your stomache would chern everytime you floored it, just wondering if this would be the time you broke an apex seal. but atleast this is just headgaskets were talking about, and not a blown motor!:bang
all i have done to her is sct tuned by ID running xtreme street tune, 3.5 exhaust into a 5" with a 6" tip. it was straight through, but i just put the cat back in just incase something happens. oh yeah, and i have an 03 turbo on her!:ylsuper: thanks for your help guys!

I can't blow my Head gaskets no matter how hard I try. I have hit it with NOS, ALOT! and it still won't go. I have the studs here, just waiting to put them in. I have a feeling with the new GT-37 turbo thats coming, they are going to POP!

Back