went to the 1/8 track

ylo73z

went to the 1/8 mile track last night out here in san diego got 3 passes and blew a hole in my bd intercooler.....so much for being able to hold 100 psi....:mad:

Ouch what boost? What were your times on your previous 2 passes.

Your in San Diego? I didnt know there were any fast dodges out here. Good to know. I'm up in Temecula.

That sucks about the intercooler. How long have you had it? I'm sure BD will make right.

I think he means his stock input is hanging in there...

My input shaft is billet but the rest of the tranny is stock except the vb and converter...anyways i ran a 8.70@89 on my first pass then a 8.50@92 on my second pass and a 8.80@88 when the cooler blew...i gotta get a hold of bd and see what they say...i think i was pushing 75 punds of boost i was trying to keep the thing pointing straight instead of watch what my guages were doing...my tranny is costing me some serious time on the 3-4 shift....it takes so long to shift between those gears that it sits at 4k likes its in nuetral and then bam! it goes into over drive....but it is what it is.. those are my times nothing to really rave about but not to bad for my first time out...

Their intercoolers are just fancy radiators. If you want a real intercooler, you have to go with Spearco.

I wasnt too impressed with BD's. I know spearco is a good unit, but they're bucks. Doesnt HTT make an intercooler?

Last edited:
My input shaft is billet but the rest of the tranny is stock except the vb and converter...anyways i ran a 8.70@89 on my first pass then a 8.50@92 on my second pass and a 8.80@88 when the cooler blew...i gotta get a hold of bd and see what they say...i think i was pushing 75 punds of boost i was trying to keep the thing pointing straight instead of watch what my guages were doing...my tranny is costing me some serious time on the 3-4 shift....it takes so long to shift between those gears that it sits at 4k likes its in nuetral and then bam! it goes into over drive....but it is what it is.. those are my times nothing to really rave about but not to bad for my first time out...

Were you running slicks or street tires?

I had some m&h race masters(aka drag radials)....bd claims their intercoolers are good for 100 psi so im going to hold them to it... i heard spearco has had simmilar problems...

I hear HTT are a top notch unit

Yeah but im 1600 deep in this cooler and i dont want take my bd cooler to the recycler and use that money towords a htt cooler...if bd gives me a refund then ill be all over a htt cooler but im thinking my best case scenario is a new bd cooler....

You should look at the SP Diesel trans controller, you can set the lock up speeds for the TC with it. Works great!

Yeah but im 1600 deep in this cooler and i dont want take my bd cooler to the recycler and use that money towords a htt cooler...if bd gives me a refund then ill be all over a htt cooler but im thinking my best case scenario is a new bd cooler....

Lets just go recycle it and buy some beer.:hehe:

Lets just go recycle it and buy some beer.:hehe:
I was thinking of puting some cast sewer pipe in there instead of another big piece of aluminum....put a tray around it... fill it full of ice...it will be just like a lunch truck...we can even put some of those beers you were talking about on ice in there:hehe:

I was thinking of puting some cast sewer pipe in there instead of another big piece of aluminum....put a tray around it... fill it full of ice...it will be just like a lunch truck...we can even put some of those beers you were talking about on ice in there:hehe:

Got the pics.
Thats a great idea. We can convert your truck into a roach coach show up at race legal and sell beer to minors.