West Coast Pull Series???

i am also willing to go and support at events, i.e. volunteer staff?

I was never given an option. I was told by all the promoters that I had to make 8000lb or I would be bumped to the mod class. Hell, I would go for an exhabition class. I just want to pull. Thank you for the idea to throw out there to the techs next pull. I have seen other guys in exhabition class but never thought of it to ask either. Thanks again Gene

Ok, now this clears a lot of things up- Like I said, unless a vehicle is obviously unsafe, or time constraints, I have never tuned a guy down to get a hook. I even let a 2 wheeler hook in Bakersfield.

I didn't know you guys were getting turned away, period, thats a crock, and evidently the promoter does not want to grow the sport??

As far as the redneck out of the stands- NADM is supporting 5 (FIVE) Diesel pick up classes. The first one is Work Stock-no hanging weights, stock appearing turbo. It doesn't get more basic than that.

Volunteers are always needed, thanks!

Sleddy--I don't recall a 9500# class out here, although maybe it did occur, I know back in Idaho and Utah they have in the past run a run what you brung class----

we did have an 8500# class out here, but everyone wanted to can it to come more in line with the rest of the country--I didn't want to, but I went with the flow---I really think that making a class available if the trucks show and time permits isn't that big of a deal--and again I'm only talking about the classes where freshman and sophomores may reside---it's only to get them involved and to keep coming----but will it help our problem, not right away, but like I said earlier we certainly have a lot more pullers than when I started out here, so it would seem this would maybe help and it can't hurt----we won't have many in Scott and Tom's class and maybe not so many in the next class down, but in those other classes we could see some improvement which usually leads to class jumping in a year or two----but beyond giving massive payouts that would come out of someone's pocket or having an influx of sledpulling nuts move here we will grow slow and even slower if it stays the same----chris

As far as the redneck out of the stands- NADM is supporting 5 (FIVE) Diesel pick up classes. The first one is Work Stock-no hanging weights, stock appearing turbo. It doesn't get more basic than that.

Since this has turned into a weight and "class" disscussion, we know the first one could you please list the other 4? Thanks

We have tried for years to make it grow but there are only a few who are serious enough that want to travel plan and simple!!!!!!

I am open to anything anybody wants to try but be advised you need buy in from the promoters and a couple of them have been big stumbling blocks with all in one class or two classes crap.

Chris, sorry if you took me the wrong way but belive me things have changed in the past two years since you last pulled. When you and Brian left I gave up and have just been doing my own thing having fun.

BBD

...Anyone else? Speak up!! Gears are turning!!

...how about a 2wd class?:poke:

i want to pull as much as i can. how do i go about this with little to no support for the persons like me. i dont have the means to build high power puller as Tom and Scott (respectively) have. But am willing to be "lumped" in to a class just to pull and as I build my truck up, then have the options to be classed with simular trucks. To me, from reading this thread, the west coast doesnt give enough opportunities for people to grow into the sport to become regulars at events and pullers themselves.
I want to know how the people that say they want the sport to grow, are ACTUALLY going to do about making it grow? IMHO

Between Redding-LA-Reno, looks like there will be about 10 pulls this year.

Ok, now this clears a lot of things up- Like I said, unless a vehicle is obviously unsafe, or time constraints, I have never tuned a guy down to get a hook. I even let a 2 wheeler hook in Bakersfield.

I didn't know you guys were getting turned away, period, thats a crock, and evidently the promoter does not want to grow the sport??

Fixed it for ya and thanks for not making me sneak-in.

Seriously, I would support and pull (exhibition) at as many pulls as I could, if a series was started.

8500 is gay.

-Tom

I agree as well. Spent too much time stripping my truck to make the 8K weight and now stripping more I will probably be in Tom's boat of having trouble trying to get to 8K. Gonna need to get more of Craig's New Holland weights. :hehe:

Joe

The fuel prices will not impact the midwest as much, as they do not have to travel as far as we do to get to the pulls. We need people who are willing to travel hundreds of miles one way to a pull. Who is complaining about not making weight besides you? Most trucks are probably well underweight, so I don't see tis being an issue??? Plus, rules are rules, not accomodations.

-Tom

I agree with this as well. Cali has many more large gaps between pulls than the central of it all, Indiana.
Rules are rules and that's the way it goes. Long live 8K class!:Cheer:

Joe

Scott---first off don't take this the wrong way--I try and type like I was talking to you face to face and there's no ill will with what I say---it's my opinion and that's all---goes for Sleddy(but he knows, because we been doing this thing for years) and it goes for Tom and the others------

I didn't take your post the wrong way, but I think everyone is taking my posts the wrong way---I'm just trying to make a suggestion to get more pullers---you'd think I'm anti-american with what everyone is saying about me and my truck----it's typical though, not many take time to decipher the posts anymore and then post something that is totally off base of my intentions----

really though who besides me has made a suggestion of any kind--I don't recall anyone, but I'd need to go back and re-read everything, the reason is because the only ways to get more pullers is like I posted above---add another class or give guys a bone, so they move up and have to abide by the rules or the next year they abide by the rules or you have major payouts----

I just want to ask everyone who's on Sleddy's side of the ship what do you propose????? Pay big payouts, which we don't have, so I don't see that as a viable alternative, unless someone wants to donate big $$$$ out of their own pocket----or maybe adjust or do something for 8500# trucks???? I'm waiting and please don't talk about my truck anymore-----

Tell me what seems like the most sane thing here??? Well then of course we can maintain it like it is and this question will arise again next year and we will be back here hassling about this again-----

it's really sad that just because someone makes a rule that works for them that they can't maybe see a way to bend a little for other places that don't/won't have the numbers to insure sport growth----

I will say in all reality that even if there was an adjustment that I don't think that there would be huge increase in one yrs time, but maybe in 2-3 yrs it would show up and then again maybe it won't at all, but does it hurt to try????????

you need to start somewhere and staying dormant ain't cutting it out here, unless you want to grow ever so little or stay stagnant at least I'm for trying something-----

-----chris

RedPuller---do you have any suggestions for gay trucks beside make it fit the rules--didn't think so and evidently you didn't read my posts or you wouldn't have posted all of Tom's quote????? but way to add to the thread--this is exactly why I posted what I did above.........

--not everyone will/can do what you have done to your truck and don't get me wrong I commend you on that, from coming from Pavement Sucks wheeler and making your truck a puller is great--- but not everyone has a spare truck, not everyone wants to tear their truck apart and put it back to use it for work, especially when we have to drive many miles to get to pulls and back-----so let's just keep them on the sidelines and out of the sport and not grow----this is what I mean--we are now on the side of the east coast way---screw them other's if they can't fit----well we don't have those type of numbers to say that----I wish we could, but we can't-----and again I will say for guys who are in your power level, most will abide by the rules, but it's new people we need and we need to do whatever to help them get the fever----chris

-

it's really sad that just because someone makes a rule that works for them that they can't maybe see a way to bend a little for other places that don't/won't have the numbers to insure sport growth----

I
-----chris

Haven't you guys run 8500 most of the time, anyway?

Until I at least hear from some 8500 guys, I see no reason to change.

You don't roll the dice for rule changes, Chris. You change to 8500, nobody shows up, then what? Change it back? Thats always good to change rules yearly.

I think rules should be on the back burner for the topic at hand. Rules, at this point, are not whats keeping people from trying the sport, or from coming to see it .

payouts will always help and big ones at that lol i farm so i realy dont have any voice for you californians we usualy plan to attend pulls that we can leave early in the morning and be home late the same night like 3 or 4 a.m. yes it would be hard for us to go to cali in a day from idaho and return but i would love to attend some winter pulls down in so. cal i missed the one nadm in feb cause my puller was in pices but i would love to attend when and where i can

so what if no one comes it only takes up paper and ink---that's a very lame excuse---and you've been adapting the rules pretty much every year--nice try, but it doesn't hold water---

yes we had an 8500# class, but we decided to go away from it--- it was a mistake to do so on the beginning classes IMO---

now I'm not sure how many 8500# guys will post--not everyone has internet, not everyone knows this site--some guys just hear from the grapevine or local advertisement---so you know that's your out on that front---plus all you have to do is add the class to the current rules--that's real hard---c'mon----the real reason is you don't need to do it back there and that's it----I'm really not sure why I even join in on these discussions, because I know how it will end up---you and I have been on these types of discussions for yrs----what's changed--nothing on your end and we get no where out here with you guys----

I wish I had a ton of cash so that I could do big payouts, because that would draw guys for sure---but since I don't the only way I know of to increase pullers is to add a class----geesh how many classes do the gassers have---like every 500lbs from like 4000# up to 7500# and then there's what we have---that's a big disparity, seems we could learn something here and add a weight classs or two----

yes it's not the rules, but the weight class stipulation that is keeping some guys from participating....not sure why you can't see that---oh well
really though this thread has worn out it's discussion value---

chris

Chris, how many trucks can't make 8000 lbs?

Who are they?

Lastly, we have three classes out here now, Work Stock: stock turbo, Super Street: 2.8" inducer, and Modified. I don't understand what other classes we need right now, since there are only a few trucks in each? Meaning, won't entry level guys fit fine into the Work Stock class?

-Tom

Tom--I'm not talking about the regulars here, but potential pullers who show up --that aren't on the internet sites---we need new blood plan and simple---how do we get it???

Ok, I'm not talking classes, but weight stipulations---it's easy to add, contrary to what sleddy says---just type 4 numbers and 3 letters is all it takes---if no one shows, BFD---what are you out--nothing--but if some fat trucks or gay trucks do show--according to Sleddy you're an exhibition puller usually pulling against Scott, twin turbo trucks and now you---this really makes these pullers feel good knowing they will look like crap next to these trucks---make it fair and fun for them and they will return ---- seems like a fairly simple thing---and like I said it only needs to be here or small venues to build up the amount of pullers---who knows another weight class could be born across the country------chris

8000k is gay.

bring something to the Pacific NW. California has all the pulls they need. lol

Call me crazy but I have not seen anyone get put into the modified class for a weight issue except for Howard. I just don't think there are many trucks that show up are overweight. There have been guys that show up to Hollister that have made 6500lbs, what about them?

-Tom