Western NC Dyno

mysterync

Sept 18th Dunbars Dyno will be at 189 Mystery Hill Lane. If anyone hasnt had a chance to turn the rollers in this area nows your chance!
call 828*266*9077 for more information.

Damn, I've got a show/party to attend otherwise I'd be all over it.

10-4, how many folks usually show up? Do I need to call ahead and get on the dyno list? I've never been to this event before, planning on getting there sort of early though. I wanna give your truck a look too Hurley, if you don't mind that is. I'm starting to plan a half ton/short bed 3/4 ton project myself.

10-4, how many folks usually show up? Do I need to call ahead and get on the dyno list? I've never been to this event before, planning on getting there sort of early though. I wanna give your truck a look too Hurley, if you don't mind that is. I'm starting to plan a half ton/short bed 3/4 ton project myself.

http://www.landnperformance.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=2&zenid=m8nabrsssj0epjit8egfc2gfv1

last year had ~30 trucks on the dyno, iirc. Post in this thread if you are a definite on the dyno. (not sure how often Lucas peruses compD, but I can relay the info)

Well, if my dern truck gets finished and the body shop I'm gonna be there, but if it doesn't who knows...

Don't worry, I'll be working on mine throughout friday night. while doing my GSK i noticed the top wiring connection on my fuel heater had melted, then when i pulled the lower connector out it started leaking fuel.... Fuel heater bypass, anyone

Just yank that POS fuel heater off there, it's just an air leak waiting to happen anyway and serves no purpose

Yeah, it's coming off tonight, gonna finish my supply & return regulator plumbing tonight

Welp, unless hell freezes over or the guy at the body shop gets a wild hair up his ass to pull an all nighter tomorrow night, it's not looking like my truck will be making an appearance in Blowing Rock on Saturday. FML

It's looking to be another pretty big event. Last year left us all tired and confused lol. I best bet to getting on and off the rollers quick is showing up early... we're starting and 9 and going until Mike and Dave say enough is enough lol. And in regards to the comment "hope he makes it to your event" I'll say this:
David and Mike handled the dyno for us last year. Not only were they both extremely helpful in making the entire event happen, but they were completely honest about what they could and could not do. These guys are nothing short of the most professional and experienced dyno operators I've ever seen, Which leads me to your comment.... I'm not sure what happend, nor is it any affliction of mine but I personally feel if they didnt show for an event, somthing happend and I'm sure the proper folks were notified. Professional companies get professional results. Not trying to start a fuss just saying these guys have always been very foward and honest in regards to their services and IMO slander wasnt in order.

O I know I planned our event for over a year. Then david calls the day before with truck trouble and couldn't make it. Not startin anything just hopes he makes it there so u don't look like a ass like I did lol

O I know I planned our event for over a year. Then david calls the day before with truck trouble and couldn't make it. Not startin anything just hopes he makes it there so u don't look like a ass like I did lol

Last weekend was not a good one and I wasn't able to attend the event. My day started with a dyno tire change before I ever left. I had a bearing noise that was getting worse by the mile under the load. I couldn't even figure out what was wrong to make a decision to keep going or not. As it got worse, I made the decision to turn around. My pinion bearing failed and Garmon had to install new Ring and Pinion and bearings this week. I'm glad I didn't chance it because best case I would also have a huge tow bill to eat.

In the past, I have used Mike's truck. His had transmission line issues and was scheduled to get new lines. I was not chancing 14k on it. It was about 3:00 now with 5.5 hours in front of me. Chase offered to come pick us up. He would have been about 9:00 or so getting to my house, about 3:00 am arriving back into TN, a couple hours of sleep then working all day didn't sound like the safe thing to do.

The first time in 8 years I have not made an event. You expect problems to arise and you try your best to work around them. Last weekend wasn't one of them. I actually feel fortunate that as many event as I have done, this was the first.

I can't appologize enough to Chase and the others that were impacted by me not being able to show up. But unfortunately, mechanical things break.

now that is cleared up,

WHO'S GETTING READY!!!!!

My lunch-break driving tells me that I've got a lot to do to get it tuned in this evening

Back