What air filter to run?

schaef_12

Diesel Junkie
I don't think the old Napa BHAF is going to cut it as a filtration device as far as cfm goes on my new setup. Just curious what the guys making 500hp or so were running for air filters?

I am running the biggest, highest flowing one that AFE makes. Its a universal 4"inlet filter. Looks kinda like the BHAF, but flows 1000+ cfm and filters great.

I'm running an AFE pro dry 4 1/2" inlet X 9" X 7" IIRC flows WAY better than the Amsoil 4510 I'd been using!

I'm running an AFE pro dry 4 1/2" inlet X 9" X 7" IIRC flows WAY better than the Amsoil 4510 I'd been using!

Same one here. It flows great and is nice with no oil. Proguard 7 flows less due to the more layers

AFE here as well

dynoed 9 horses better than a K&N conical with me.. only filter was changed.. and i can even hear the chargers better as well...

Rick

the twins caused the amsoil to crush in on itself! couldnt get over 45psi. with the AFE I get 55psi easy.:ylsuper:

Don't get the amsoil, I too had problems with mine loosing around 8 psi! I now run an AFE stage 2 with monster 6" inlet and filtering media at the end as well as the circumference!!!