What are EGTs like WOT with a single turbo?

my 04 runs 1480 at WOT with my 66 silver I I but I run the dragon flow CP3 with a dual feed line and DPI exhaust manifold also running PPE mine will go down drastically when I throw in a fletcher cam and a smarty I would imagine 200 degrees

How big are your sticks? I wonder how much difference in cooling at WOT a 74 exhaust wheel has compared to a 71?

Tuning by egt is worthless. Who cares what the temp in your manifold is. It does not accurately reflect cylinder temps.

I understand the cylinder temp comment, but seriously what do we tune by?

I understand the cylinder temp comment, but seriously what do we tune by?

until you get programming with quantifiable timing and duration values, we can only go by what has worked for others. Even then, there will still be a learning curve.

-jp

How big are your sticks? I wonder how much difference in cooling at WOT a 74 exhaust wheel has compared to a 71?

prolly between 10* and 50*

ive ran both wheels, not much difference on a 12v. The 74 wheel will help with surgeing and be a little better in the higher RPM's.

prolly between 10* and 50*

ive ran both wheels, not much difference on a 12v. The 74 wheel will help with surgeing and be a little better in the higher RPM's.
Thought it would be more than that, thanks.

good. throw a bunch of timing at it to keep your egts down. :doh:

:what: oh... nah. should have read alittle deeper. :nail: I wouldnt tune based off EGT's. Twas just a blunt statement you can judge ur cylinder temps based off manifold temps :lolly:

well a little late on the reply on the sticks but they are only I I 90's soon to be updated to 150's hopefully

Flux 3's are far bigger than 90's and 120's...you need more turbo!

I knew these nozzles would be hot for the turbo I have, but the plan' is to throw something under this turbo. Just didn't want to get 90's or 100's and turn right around and get 150's.

This thread was just something to give me an idea of what everyone else is running and what they are comfortable with.