what bottom turbo

inline6power

more hp than you
well i really really like my silver bullet with my 3 stage nitrous, i was just pondering about twins and if i ever were to go to twins, what would be a good bottom turbo choice to run with my silver bullet.

Big Brother makes a very big package. Lots of air with that set of twins.

well how much does a big brother run price wise? i mean i am not going to twins tomorrow but i may in the near future.

Can a VP44 even push enough fuel to push a set of twins like that. Most guys running a set that big are in the 1000RWHP range. You'd probably be best off getting rid of the SB and starting from scratch.

Im confused I thought that vp truck were only good for 650hp on #2 anyways. So if you had a smaller set of twins that were capable of that, what would be the gain of a setup that is bigger?

95ram said:
Can a VP44 even push enough fuel to push a set of twins like that.

:hehe:

Adam.... seriously. If you want twins, we'll hook you up. Come on now. My project is starting shortly.

chrleb1 said:

Adam.... seriously. If you want twins, we'll hook you up. Come on now. My project is starting shortly.
you know i know this Eric lol i was just throwing the question out there and wanted to see what other people were running with their silver bullet as the top turbo.

95ram said:
Can a VP44 even push enough fuel to push a set of twins like that. .
if a VP can push enough fuel to have well over 800hp with Nitrous, why wouldnt you have enough fuel to push it with a huge set of twins? i can OVERFUEL my silver bullet as it is now on the bottom to mid range, once i am 55psi it cleans up BARELY, so i think i have the fuel, now i just need to get the air in. yes my nitrous works very very well but it would be nice to have that power there all the time.

If you wanted twins, i would have almost stayed with your old turbo. It would have been a very fast setup. Then you could have mated it up with a S400.

yeah i am most likely going to stay with the single and the big nitrous shots. i was just throwing it out there incase WAY along the future if i ever did it. fast spooling is not what i am worried about as much as i am about gett ing more HP

chrleb1 said:

Why is this funny. Most of the top 24V HP guys are running much smaller twins.

inline6power said:
if a VP can push enough fuel to have well over 800hp with Nitrous, why wouldnt you have enough fuel to push it with a huge set of twins? i can OVERFUEL my silver bullet as it is now on the bottom to mid range, once i am 55psi it cleans up BARELY, so i think i have the fuel, now i just need to get the air in. yes my nitrous works very very well but it would be nice to have that power there all the time.

The key there word there is nitrous. You go with a huge set of twins is the Nitrous going to do you any good? I've always been told nitrous will give more power with a smaller turbo.

95ram said:
The key there word there is nitrous. You go with a huge set of twins is the Nitrous going to do you any good? I've always been told nitrous will give more power with a smaller turbo.
you are correct. a smaller turbo you net you a higher nitrous hp gain. what i am saying is if my truck is at 800HP with nitrous, why couldnt i build a set of twins that would be able to get me there without the nitrous? i have always heard that the magical #2 hp for a vp truck was 700 flat, well if i see all these 800hp plus VP trucks, it seems they have the fuel to make the power just not the air. why would it not be possible to make 800hp with a HUGE set of twins over a decent single and nitrous? whats the diffence

95ram said:
Why is this funny. Most of the top 24V HP guys are running much smaller twins.

Cause it is an on going joke between Adam and I. I give him a hard time and he comes over to the shop and gives me a hard time.

chrleb1 said:
Cause it is an on going joke between Adam and I. I give him a hard time and he comes over to the shop and gives me a hard time.
what are you talking about giving you a hard time at the shop lol. i would never do such a thing i mean my name aint jordan

inline6power said:
you are correct. a smaller turbo you net you a higher nitrous hp gain. what i am saying is if my truck is at 800HP with nitrous, why couldnt i build a set of twins that would be able to get me there without the nitrous? i have always heard that the magical #2 hp for a vp truck was 700 flat, well if i see all these 800hp plus VP trucks, it seems they have the fuel to make the power just not the air. why would it not be possible to make 800hp with a HUGE set of twins over a decent single and nitrous? whats the diffence

Nitrous isn't simple air. It's around 33% oxygen. Normal air is 14-17% i think. You have to pack in enough air to make up the difference of that NOS. Also, there are some more tricks to getting the hp. Wastegating is one. If you can get the air out easier, you might be able to pick up some more on the top end. The wastegate in the turbo can't handle the amount of air you are trying to move. Basically going to a larger wastegate that not at 100%.

inline6power said:
what are you talking about giving you a hard time at the shop lol. i would never do such a thing i mean my name aint jordan

Watch out, he might come after you.... wait, I'm part of the family. lol :bang

chrleb1 said:
Watch out, he might come after you.... wait, I'm part of the family. lol :bang
man what do i have to do to be cool like you freakin guys. thats it i am changin my last name to BROWN and my first name i maight change to mr horsepower

You need to get a dyno sheet with 800 hp and take it down to Texas for the heck of it. I'm gonna try and complete the truck before November. If you want twins, let's figure it out. Putting a big turbo under that will be slow, but there might be a way to make that SB a little faster. shhhh....