what cam?

I have seen Don post the same thing. I think he runs an H2 on a 13mm pump, but doesn't suggest doing it to customers. I run an H2 on a 13mm pump for 2+ years zero issues, but if I had to do it again it would be billet!

From what I understand about Don's regular H2, is that it should be fine as long as you watch how ho get out of the throttle. It's not driving the p-pumps that break them, it's unloading it when you let off.

I have H2's in both my p-pump trucks, and drive them fairly hard...the 98 has seen the better part of 4K MANY times (really don't know how far:D)

Chris

Im sorry to burst your bubble but IIRC Don runs a cast H2 with a 13mm p and has been for quite some time!

My H2 saw 5000+ many times!
Brandon

Lol...you didn't burst my bubble, what bubble are you talking about? I'm a fan of F-1 products and have been running them for years. This thread is about p-pumped 24v's and the poster asked what cam?? Don does not recommend his H2 for P-pumped trucks, go argue with him and bust his bubble LOL

Lol...you didn't burst my bubble, what bubble are you talking about? I'm a fan of F-1 products and have been running them for years. This thread is about p-pumped 24v's and the poster asked what cam?? Don does not recommend his H2 for P-pumped trucks, go argue with him and bust his bubble LOL

So H2's are not made for P-Pumped trucks, just for 4 valves with a VP?
Brandon

So H2's are not made for P-Pumped trucks, just for 4 valves with a VP?
Brandon

I think for a stock P-pumped truck he would recommend it. He has the new Billet cam out now, which is a drop in.

haha I like where this thread is getting. great info on all cams and great info for a lot of options. I would love to put a billet cam in but I am more concerned about the trans right now so a drop in will have to do

Im sorry to burst your bubble but IIRC Don runs a cast H2 with a 13mm p and has been for quite some time!

My H2 saw 5000+ many times!
Brandon

Good to know

Does anybody know of the reason why they dont recommend the H2 with a 13mm p pump or why they say its only rated to 4k.
thanks Jake

From what I understand about Don's regular H2, is that it should be fine as long as you watch how ho get out of the throttle. It's not driving the p-pumps that break them, it's unloading it when you let off.

I have H2's in both my p-pump trucks, and drive them fairly hard...the 98 has seen the better part of 4K MANY times (really don't know how far:D)

Chris

Does anybody know of the reason why they dont recommend the H2 with a 13mm p pump or why they say its only rated to 4k.
thanks Jake

See above...13mm pumps take a lot of power to drive them, so the shock of unloading one quickly, or say, when I driveshaft breaks and the RPM spikes, could break one more easily.

Chris

See above...13mm pumps take a lot of power to drive them, so the shock of unloading one quickly, or say, when I driveshaft breaks and the RPM spikes, could break one more easily.

Chris

Thanks Chris must have skipped that one when reading.

haha I like where this thread is getting. great info on all cams and great info for a lot of options. I would love to put a billet cam in but I am more concerned about the trans right now so a drop in will have to do

whats ur credit card number ill get that trans here so we got sumtin to play with this weekend :hehe::rockwoot::poke:

What type of cam would be able to handle the loading and unloading of a 13mm pump with out breaking.
Would you have to get the block bored so it will fit?
Jake

What type of cam would be able to handle the loading and unloading of a 13mm pump with out breaking.
Would you have to get the block bored so it will fit?
Jake

1 of Dons Spartans......
Or a conventional Steel Billet with cam bushings.
Brandon

mine is not a re-grind, mine is a new grind from a blank billet...dont confuse this with a "billet" cam tho that requires line boring and cam bushing in every journal of the block.

Yeah I had meant a 'blank billet'.