What do ya'll think of this?

Those look good. I think UNBROKEN has something similar on his truck

Very nice. I have the same thing on my truck from Recon, plus the clear cab roof lights with amber bulbs. Oh and the Fire and Ice LED light bar under the tailgate. Will be doing tail lights this winter.

Looks Good!

You could just tint your stock one.....that's what I did, along with my tail lights. Goes good with the blacked out theme to my truck.
Up front I swapped in the 05 Harley Davidson Edition headlamps.

txastuff79,
There are complete LED tail lights on ebay
Normal red or smoked.....

Yeah I second smoking the OEM. I had that on my last truck....it was ok. The more I looked at it the more I came to the conclusion that it just looked out of place...didn't really go with everything else on the truck if you know what I mean.

17331.jpg

17325.jpg

DCSpecial said:
You could just tint your stock one.....that's what I did, along with my tail lights.

Speak more of this tinting the stockers....:poke: What product did you use to tint them?:poke: I'd like to do this to my SRT.... LOL :poke:

:thankyou2:

I belive they are using a model paint you can buy at a hobby store. I'll have to search around and find a link.

LOL almost forgot! I think the smoked cab lights, and rear light looks good on dark trucks like you have. I'd go for it if I were you.

I used a product called Nite-Shades by VHT. Works pretty good. In the picture I only put on about 4 or 5 coats. Obviously the more coats you put on the darker it gets.

Ben

Comp_Diesel.jpg

Yea I think I might go ahead and buy that, it looks pretty cool and I think it will look good on my black truck!

dieselex said:
I used a product called Nite-Shades by VHT. Works pretty good. In the picture I only put on about 4 or 5 coats. Obviously the more coats you put on the darker it gets.

Ben

That looks great Ben. Do they make different colors for the shading? Where did you find this stuff?

RacinDuallie said:
Speak more of this tinting the stockers....:poke: What product did you use to tint them?:poke: I'd like to do this to my SRT.... LOL :poke:

:thankyou2:

Thanks to the tip from Bear Hunter I did use model paint.

Went to Hobby Lobby and got "Transparent Black Window Tint" and a High Gloss Clear Acrylic Sealer.

Sanded them down first with 1000 grit...cleaned them up with mineral spirits, applied light even coats, allowing it tiem to dry in between coats. Then the clear.

20914.JPG

20915.JPG

1 can (3.0 oz) should be sufficient to do the tail lights and the 3rd brake light. I originally used two cans...and the cops weren't too fond of it LOL:

12499.JPG

Wetsanded it all off and had my buddy do them the second time in his paint booth since it was cold out.

You can also have body shops tint them to match the color of your truck....

Marty's truck:
16045.jpg

DrSpeed's truck (true blue with some ghost flames):
14975.jpg

GREGROB said:
That looks great Ben. Do they make different colors for the shading? Where did you find this stuff?

I can't remember were I got it. All I did was a google search for Nite Shades. Or you could go to VHT's website.

As far as I know the Nite Shades only comes in black. Hope that helps!

Ben

Thanks DC. I now have to check out Tech Toys Hobby Shop and see what they have......:rockwoot: :evil :evil