what does it take?

maxwedgehead

whats a good route to attain 800hp on a lly duramax, can someone put a list up of what it takes? thanks

Aftermarket Rods, cut pistons, or forged, it can be done with a large single like a gt42 or s475, but an s480 or something similar twinned with the stocker would be more driveable, 2 cp3s, and i would go with atleast 100% injectors, and some good tuning should get ya there.

Aftermarket Rods, cut pistons, or forged, it can be done with a large single like a gt42 or s475, but an s480 or something similar twinned with the stocker would be more driveable, 2 cp3s, and i would go with atleast 100% injectors, and some good tuning should get ya there.

thats what i thought, some guy we met last night told my buddy that they can put a suncoast tranny in it and tune it up 800 hp with just efi live without touchin the motor i didnt think there was no way

thats what i thought, some guy we met last night told my buddy that they can put a suncoast tranny in it and tune it up 800 hp with just efi live without touchin the motor i didnt think there was no way

:lolly: Theres all sorts of diesel experts these days...

definately will need all that is listed above to get there and make it live, although I am not sure if a stock turbo will flow enough in a set of twins to make 800.

definately will need all that is listed above to get there and make it live, although I am not sure if a stock turbo will flow enough in a set of twins to make 800.

It's been done a few times with the stocker twinned. Beyond the set-ups intended range, but can be done with the supporting mods that Rob posted. A nice s3xx/4xx setup is very drivable and would be a better choice for 800hp.