What does the CR have for tunes compared to the others?

12v Ford

I'm trying to learn a little about the different motors.

1. The duramax has EFILive, which is the best you can get because you can make any program, correct?

2. I'm not sure, but the powerstrokes have SCT Livewire which does the same thing as EFILIve, but a different company?

3. The cummins has the smarty, which as close as you can get to EFILive, but not quite there yet.

Does all the above sound right? How long until the cummins gets EFILive? The others have had theirs out forever now

Dodge/Chrysler software is proprietary which is why there isn't any EFI live type programming for it. From what I understand, a model has to be out for 5 to 7 years before the software code would become available to the public. Maybe not even then with D/C though.

I think we'll be seeing something soon that will blow EFI live out of the water though. It's from Bosch but, is also not going to be something that everyone can afford. I doubt very many shops will even be able to have it but, for those that do.... they'll have the market cornered with the best tuning available for the Cummins.

As for now though... you said it, the Smarty is the bomb diggity.

you said it, the Smarty is the bomb diggity.

Whoe now TY.......
"Bomb Diggity"......that was WAY to hip to coming from you man!! :hehe:

Did you hurt yourself with that one!!!! hehe LOL

:poke:

how old you be thinkin' I is ? I be just axing cause my cillrens ain't that ole. I be from the ole scuoo and be thinkin' them was the good times :Cheer:

how old you be thinkin' I is ? I be just axing cause my cillrens ain't that ole. I be from the ole scuoo and be thinkin' them was the good times :Cheer:

:hehe::hehe:

True Dat Dog!!!!

I hear WAY to much of that kinda talk round here with this job.