What fuel plate is best?

12valve_221

so im looking at installing a fuel plate in my '95 12 valve 5 speed. the truck is mostly stock with the exception of a 4 inch mbrp exhaust(no muffler), stage 1 afe intake(blue filter), and di pricol boost, pyro, and fuel pressure guages. i am looking at the #5 plate from tst which is rated to 270 hp, 675 tq. I am wondering if my current set up would be able to handle this plate or if i should go with a #6 or #8. I am also wondering if i could go to a # 4 plate or a #0 with some other modifications. I am looking at possibly 370 marine injectors, 4k spring kit, hd valve springs, and a 150 gph air dog. how would these mods perform with a stock turbo? i am also looking at a south bend clutch. does anyone know of a good clutch that would handle this setup in a daily driven truck? thanks for the help

If your tranny isn't already beefed up... thats where I'd put the money.

Listen to Smokem, he really knows his ****.

And a question to those who know? Wether it be 370s or some of Smokem's injectors or some DDPs, Will the truck have a tendcy to stumble with out larger DVs? I know plenty of sights mention that in their descriptions of DVs, but is that true?

i stepped up to a 0 plate from my #5 with basically the same mods you have now except i have the 4K GSK in already. i like the 0. everyone that i know that has marine injectors doesn't like them, wish they had spent the money for some better injectors. DDP4s or dragon flows are some good sets

I've got 370s, stock DVs, and no stumble.

I'm not saying they are great injectors, but they are worth the money they can be had for, especially if you are on a budget. Used sets are pretty easy to come across and cheap.

i like a 100

not too much fuel early on, and you have no defueling... Works best for towing trailers... IMHO, but a six is a nice plate as well.. having run a zero for a bit, i wasnt too thrilled with it...

RIck

well thanks for the info on the 370s. ive heard that is the quickest cheapest way to up the power, injector wise, but wasnt quite sure about the drivability of them. i dont know if im gunna do all of the mods i would like too. might start out with just a fuel plate now, and then if i do get into the other mods, run a diff fuel plate. ive heard #5 plate with intake and exhaust, anyone ran something else and retained good drivability?

For injectors, get in touch with Smokem' ^^^^^^^^

Sticks, no plate(or grind your stocker), GSK(minus a spring), an tune that AFC.

That, and bump the timing.

Should be able to do all that for a good price if you shop around....

And yes, listen to Smokem, :bow: Knows his sh*t with these p-pumps and all...

well thanks for the info on the 370s. ive heard that is the quickest cheapest way to up the power, injector wise, but wasnt quite sure about the drivability of them. i dont know if im gunna do all of the mods i would like too. might start out with just a fuel plate now, and then if i do get into the other mods, run a diff fuel plate. ive heard #5 plate with intake and exhaust, anyone ran something else and retained good drivability?

The problem is you are asking for opinions and everyone has one including me, do you want the best results or do you want the cheapest price(bang for the buck) that is the question you have to ask yourself.

I swim up stream as I run a #6 plate, 4K's and regular ole' 370's. I like a better injector except no one is buying them or giving them to me and I have a zero plate in my tool box, most will run a zero or a 100 but it is paramount to run a functional AFC.

Jim

The 370/dv valve stumble seems to show up with the 131dv pumps the 181 pumps do just fine.

and the op truck is 95 5spd 175 pump with 131 delivery valves. a zero plate works good, i've had 1 in my truck now for a little over 2 years along with a 4000rpm governor spring kit