What gears do you suggest?

nasty 2005

Cummins Tech.
I pull the 95' in my sig. but it won't spin out on a tight track in 4low with my current set up and 2hi is to much spinning and can't put the power down! I am running nv4500 with 305/16's and 3:55's. I am going to switch to 285/17's for next year and was thinking about changing my gearing to 4:10's. What are your thoughts on this, I was going to switch them this week before my next pull do you think that will be enough gear or should I go more, I still DD this truck within 100 miles of home any more and I leave it in the shed.

Not sure WTF this was but anything would be better than what you have. I think either 410 or 456 would work ok with your setup but for the street 410 would be the better choice I think.
Good luck.

4.10s arent the answer if your trying to be competitve with pulling. 1-1 is to fast in low. you would have to go down to a 235 or so to mimic a 4.56 ratio with 4.10s. we are fighting the same problem and either goin 4.56 or 4.88s what rule changes they decide to throw at us this year.

Thanks for the input, I might try 4:56's and see how that goes. 4:88's might be too much for around the farm.

im running almost the same setup as you and im pulling 2nd hi and leave the line well past 4 and is pulls down to 3200 and picks up a couple goin down the track and will spin out at the end. and ive got 3.55 gears and usually stay bout 19-21 mph down track depending on some tracks give or take

4.88 is the only answer with your 5 speed but if your still trying to stay sereetable put a six speed in it and keep your 3.55 rear end. you will have a good gear then. There is a gear gatio calculator on here. you will understand what we are talking about when you look at it.

I decided to go with the 4:88's, I am going to try and get them in today and see how they are if it is too much I will get a gear vendor. The last pull of the season is next week hopefully it is much better!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju8tp74fy_A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju8tp74fy_A[/ame]

I'm at 6:25 silver and black dodge. This was a fairly loose track.

What size tire do you run? They look like 35's,I have 33's now was going to try 35's for next year.

O.k thats what I have on it now,going to try them before I switch to 35's. Thanks for the help.

Well I have a couple weeks driving with the new gears and I guess it's o.k. it will run 80 at 3000 rpm,with will get me by for running around home,and at the track it is great it runs out hard at the end and never fell below 3800. Now I just have to wait another 8 months for the new season to start.Thanks again for all the input!

Well I have a couple weeks driving with the new gears and I guess it's o.k. it will run 80 at 3000 rpm,with will get me by for running around home,and at the track it is great it runs out hard at the end and never fell below 3800. Now I just have to wait another 8 months for the new season to start.Thanks again for all the input!

Good deal. Got any vids?