what is a 2.6 charger

dahlsheep01

Cummins or going
I have always been interested in diesel pulling and have done some tractor and truck pulling but never with the big boys so I have a dumb question what are the truck pulling classes and what is meant by a 2.6 or 2.8 turbo?:bang:bang

it is the measurment of the compressor inducer of the turbo. 2.6" (66mm) 2.8" (71mm)

Thank you Rockjeep. Now I have another question and I really don't want to get into the discussion that is going on in the other forum. Why are sledpuller and diesel tech going at each other. They both scientifically both right. There actually is not any more stress on the engine due to pulling or drag racing with equal motors. And sledpuller is also right the stresses on the driveline are much greater as far as resistance when pulling a sled due to torque multiplication which allows you guys to pull the loads you do and that is why you break driveline parts. And one guy said he is pulling 1900hp until he possibly snubs it and he is wrong hp greatly diminshes as the motor is pulled down towards snubbing it. SO Why the testoterone match

why dont you post you opinions in the thread you are referencing rather than thinking your hiding your ideas when everyone can read them here just as easily.

Not hiding just don't really have pulling or racing experience with those big numbers I do know that racing and pulling with equal motors the stresses on the internals of the motor are virtually equal. However stresses to the drive train and external parts of the motor are different. Now we are talking equal motors not equal horsepower acheived different ways.

Thank you Rockjeep. Now I have another question and I really don't want to get into the discussion that is going on in the other forum. Why are sledpuller and diesel tech going at each other. They both scientifically both right. There actually is not any more stress on the engine due to pulling or drag racing with equal motors. And sledpuller is also right the stresses on the driveline are much greater as far as resistance when pulling a sled due to torque multiplication which allows you guys to pull the loads you do and that is why you break driveline parts. And one guy said he is pulling 1900hp until he possibly snubs it and he is wrong hp greatly diminshes as the motor is pulled down towards snubbing it. SO Why the testoterone match

If you go back and read all 19+ pages you will see that the discussion turned into a who's engines produce more power. The sled pulling guys are up around 1900 or so, where most drag racing engines are 1200 to 1500. So, the sled pulling engines are seeing more stress because they are at a different hp level.

But this topic really should be brought up in the Billet Rods thread.

As far as which charger is the best, contact Chris at Engineered Diesel. They can custom make you pretty much anything you want. Get ready to drop a few thousand, but they will be much more affordable than other customer manufactures and they will custom tune it to your specific application.