what is better than a dana 60?

my friend has a dana 70 is his Kodiak. got it that way off the lot i believe. or ordered it with one, dont know for sure.

P1181280.jpg

Garrett

my friend has a dana 70 is his Kodiak. got it that way off the lot i believe. or ordered it with one, dont know for sure.

P1181280.jpg

Garrett

tell johny(gasuout) to wash his truck! it aint white anymore......:hehe:

when you order a K4500 a D70 come factory. think the 5500 get an 80

an 80 front axle...that would be pretty sick other than gearing sucks..only goes up to 5:38's

Ryan

he's also busted the front ring and pinion last year. though he beats the hell out of that truck in glamis. 13kK lbs with 500+hp at the wheels thru all that driveline and big ass tires is gonna take its toll on parts. oh yeah, not to mention who knows how many 4wd boosted launches.

Garrett

it was clean before we went up there. that is a long drive up a dirt road. all 3 of our trucks were hammered by the time we got back down.

iirc johny still has 5.13s in the truck right now

yup, 5.13.

Garrett

so, in general, how do the newer AAM front axles found in the CR Dodges compare to the D60s in the 2nd Gens?

so, in general, how do the newer AAM front axles found in the CR Dodges compare to the D60s in the 2nd Gens?

If I where building a truck I wouldnt even think about a AAM Front, the D60's have bigger ring gear, 10x that options of differentials, gear choices, lock out hubs, and drive flanges. Also you can upgrade that axles shafts to cyro'd 40spline shafts, if you want.

IMO I see ZERO reason to a AAM compared to a D60 (unless of course you already have a 3rd gen dodge), also D60 parts are les $$$.