what killed televised indoor pulling?

That is a real sharp truck He has it on the Ford sight.It would be better if it had a diesel in it.but it does pretty good.
Dale

I think that with the right promoter, you could fill coliseums again with the NTPA/PPL show. .

The trouble is, the Diesels are the Kings now, not the blower tractors/trucks. Which means smoke tubes, indoors, smoke tubes=boringand $$.

The NTPA and The Northwestern Ohio Tractor Pullers Association have the biggest pull in the country ,(world?) at Bowling Green, Ohio.

History

Pics-http://www.pulltown.com/Gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=3188

This is what it takes:"Today, with an estimated crowd of 60,000 for the weekend event, and over $150,000 in purse money and contingency prizes,"

Everyone should go to this at least once. Its the Indy 500 and Daytona 500 for farmers.

There's a reason why you get a "super bowl" ring if you win it! Its "the" pull period! Pullers from other countries fly and ship there tractors in just to compete! Last year in sso tractor a guy from california won! Alan barbelle I think under the influence JD , just shows ya how big it is for people to travel so far! Oh and it was on cnn for ther bucket list things to experience this year! 3yrs ago the history channel did a thing on it! That would be the ultimate high point for diesel trucks to get in there to pull!

one of the farmers down the road use to pull in the unlimited class they were sponsored by Jack Daniels their last name is Hare

They still have pulling on TV, RFD TV. I have it where it is DVR everytime it comes on.

They still have pulling on TV, RFD TV. I have it where it is DVR everytime it comes on.

ditto, till my wife took it off dvr.....i had seen everone though. last week i ordered Outdoor channel so maybe i can catch some differnt pulls...

notice the box on the sled doesn't come up very far? Still very cool "old school"

And that's what it is still all about but some people forget that. Could this be why it's not a big tv draw anymore

Well you have to give the fans what they want. they dont want to see trucks go 300' anymore with no on the edge action. Monster trucks flip over and jump 100's of feet and crash and destroy themselves and thats what our society has become. If things are not getting tore up poeple get bored. Its really ashame that its kinda centered around violence when you stop and think about it.

Well you have to give the fans what they want. they dont want to see trucks go 300' anymore with no on the edge action. Monster trucks flip over and jump 100's of feet and crash and destroy themselves and thats what our society has become. If things are not getting tore up poeple get bored. Its really ashame that its kinda centered around violence when you stop and think about it.

totally agree.....i think NASCAR could be a good role model as to how they market their sport and draw huge crouds.

So what can "we" do to try and change this anyone have any bright ideas? Jeremy any ideas for any sponsors for keystone to get some more $$ and ways to draw a better crowd there?

my dad has the war wagon (4x4)in his barn Bob Jordon use to pull it and they ran the same events as the orange blossom I was telling the mechanic about this post boy do they have some stories to tell. Don't forget the man "Boden" lost him couple years ago to MS.

Would you be reffering to Bob Boden and "Studdly Studibaker" (sp)

This thread is funny, we had our pullers banquet over the weekend and me, mom and my stepdad were talking about the history of 4x4 truck pulling since all the guys here in Winchester held the first sanctioned 4x4 event. Mom who use to write and photo for the puller magizine years ago was thinking of writing a book on the history of 4x4 pulling from that very first event all the way to the diesel revolution and how the sport has changed and progressed across the country and all the old indoor events.

Last edited:
So what can "we" do to try and change this anyone have any bright ideas? Jeremy any ideas for any sponsors for keystone to get some more $$ and ways to draw a better crowd there?

Man i have no idea but wish i did. I would love to see all the indoor events brought back like the old days of USHRA and TNT. You could have a indoor circuit and get all the indoor pulls that are put on now to run a points race and pre registration for the points that would give some meaning to all the indoor stuff instead of just another event but they would have to cut down on some of the classes they run now or just not make all of them a points class. I could really go for this but dont see it ever happening again which is a shame could be a great thing.

Back