what kinda hp can be reached?

halfton12valve

Hey i know a guy close to my place who's spending quite a bit of $$ on his truck to drag race it, its an 05 LLY 2wd single cab with huge slicks, he wants to win all the local diesels here so i was wondering what kinda numbers would be reached with these mods, its as much as i know he put on..

ATS aurora 5000 turbo
Twin cp3's
Stage 4 injectors ??
ppe tuner (dunno which tune)
ppe mainfolds
fass 95 gph
aftermarket rods
head studs
4" exhaust
and NOS (unknown shot)
and some ats trasnsmission..
thats what i know of..

how much hp should that thing put out? 1/4 mile times? this is at 6500 ft elevation..

Judging by your first post I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say with the mods you listed he'll be in the 650-700hp range but I could be wrong.

Judging by your first post I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say with the mods you listed he'll be in the 650-700hp range but I could be wrong.

Thanks alot for your input, that would be fuel only right? I'll keep you guys posted..

Thanks alot for your input, that would be fuel only right? I'll keep you guys posted..

Well you mentioned NOS (unknown shot) in the first post so 650+ on fuel only maybe 700 on fuel. With the right size shot and tuning he should be able to put a little over 800 to the ground. I'm talking rwhp or brake hp which ever way you look at it. Now if your after crank hp you'll have to figure the 20% drivetrain reduction back in to get the crank figure.

Wow! he put on quiete a bit of stuff lately!

Did someone take a video of the race with that dmx and your truck?

Well you mentioned NOS (unknown shot) in the first post so 650+ on fuel only maybe 700 on fuel. With the right size shot and tuning he should be able to put a little over 800 to the ground. I'm talking rwhp or brake hp which ever way you look at it. Now if your after crank hp you'll have to figure the 20% drivetrain reduction back in to get the crank figure.

I see, well my truck puts out around 800hp fuel only and reced him saturday and he said he was doing fuel only aswell, looking at it his truck wieghting 1400 lbs less than mine he could be around 700 fuel only..check out the video!

:pop: You do realize that you barely beat a single turbo 2wd dmax don't you. It took compound turbo's for you to beat him huh? Now take that same truck with 4wd and you'll be eating his dust funny huh? A 4wd against a 2wd isn't a race (slicks or not) I don't care who you are it isn't a race.

If you really believe this you're an idiot.

If you really believe this you're an idiot.

come on kyle

same truck 4wd and 2wd drag race will have ~ 1 second elapse time diff and rouhgly the trap speed

at least for the dmax truck can speak for the other two brand

come on kyle

same truck 4wd and 2wd drag race will have ~ 1 second elapse time diff and rouhgly the trap speed

at least for the dmax truck can speak for the other two brand

There were just to many variables there. 1400lbs is a big difference. I just don't like it because it looks like brand bashing and not a fair comparison. If the dodge was also a standard cab short bed I wouldn't have questioned it.

You've got to admit bashing him for having twins etc isn't fair when he has a heavier truck!