what next?

smokin stroke

ok guys, my truck is a 2006 ford f-350. the only mods i really have done motor wise is sct, intake and exhaust. im looking for some more speed/power so i want to know what do do next. headstuds? egr delete? anything else? thanks, Ross

EGR Delete with new oil cooler is what I've been told by all my Ford buddys. I'm researching how to help my buddy set up his 6.0L for hot shotting so he won't have to worry about HG's hopefully.

The suggestion I got on studs was don't even bother with studs until either the gasket goes, or you prepared to take the heads off/machine them and put it back together.

Last edited:
ok guys, my truck is a 2006 ford f-350. the only mods i really have done motor wise is sct, intake and exhaust. im looking for some more speed/power so i want to know what do do next. headstuds? egr delete? anything else? thanks, Ross

You could get your FICM tuned. That would only cost you $200ish. After that you will need studs to go any further.....reliably.

You can always throw a egr delete on there. A basic kit would help out a lot and you would need to take out the intake manifold.

Thanks for all the great acvice. so here's what I'm thinking egr delete, oil cooler, tune my ficm and headstuds.

You could get your FICM tuned. That would only cost you $200ish. After that you will need studs to go any further.....reliably.

You can always throw a egr delete on there. A basic kit would help out a lot and you would need to take out the intake manifold.

Very good advice on studs!

I have a tuned FICM from PHP. It added some power and I like it - glad I did it. It really did not make a huge difference though.

Studs and EGR delete would be the smartest thing to do before going faster. If you can't go faster reliably then there isn't much point...

you don't need to completely remove the intake manifold to do the egr delete. Just remove the bolts and lift it a little bit.

Studs and EGR delete would be the smartest thing to do before going faster. If you can't go faster reliably then there isn't much point...

**what he said**

And don't forget this :D :

Procharger_pic3.jpg

Im getting my oil cooler replaced right now, so if you do that then definitely do the egr delete as well. And there is no real point in adding power if you cant do it reliably, which has already been said.