What oil are you running?

hmm dad has 8 gal. of amsoil marine 15w40 12tbn CI-4 sitting on the shelf.......hmmm.....truck needs a oil change....

Castrol TWS 10/60 Synthetic with F1 Diesel Heavy ZDDP additive.

No extended oil changes. EVER!

good choice in manufacturers. ever think about a straight weight oil?

What is the benefit of straight weight?
I change every 5 to 8 hooks. Depending on when the oil changes from the greenish blue color, and starts getting a hint of black in it.

Brad Penn Grade 1 "The Green Oil" SAE 10W-30

DSCN5549.jpg

Lavon

Brad Penn, Penn Grade 1, 20w50

"Designed to offer higher performance engines the cold temperature operational benefits of an SAE ‘20W’ engine oil while providing the desired film strength; sealing abilities; bearing, crankshaft, piston ring and valvetrain component anti-wear protection of an SAE 50 weight oil at normal engine operating temperatures."

UPS guy just dropped off 4 cases about an hour ago :)

BBD

Cen-Pe-Co 20W-50

Brad Penn 20W50

royal purple 20/50 for the last 3 seasons with no complaints

Brad Penn Grade 1 "The Green Oil" SAE 10W-30

DSCN5549.jpg

Lavon

Brad Penn, Penn Grade 1, 20w50

BBD

With the exception of Royal Purple these are all brands I've never heard of or seen locally at any parts houses, where do you guys buy these brands? I'll be looking for some better quality oil after the new motor goes back in my pulling truck next year.

I buy mine locally through Glockner...

Glockner Oil Company
2144 John Glenn Avenue
Columbus, OH 43217-1154
(614) 497-3223

Lavon

For what its worth, Josh@Woodruff runs this in the OhioCat trucks and doesn't see anywhere near the wear on main bearings as he did with other oils.

Lavon

I buy mine local also. They make it about a 1.5 hours from my house. I buy it by the drum.

so the benifit from running 20w50 over 15w40 is better wear protecion on the bearing and such? does it make a big difference running this in the winter months??

Back