What Pop off Pressure????

Bosshawg600

PDP.com FireFighter
Well when the truck is torn down in a few weeks, I need to send the injectors to get poped off. What pressure should I use? Ill be running 4500-4800 RPM.

I think factory 12v injectors are in the 260 Bar range...I run mine at 285 bar.

For a 24v application, I don't know...but after talking to a few people who've tried many sets, it seems Don M has it figured out;)

Chris

I think they are set at 280ish. I thought P-pumped trucks needed to be in the 300 bar range, and have headr that a few guys run 325 on thier P-pumped 24v set up.........

I think they are set at 280ish. I thought P-pumped trucks needed to be in the 300 bar range, and have headr that a few guys run 325 on thier P-pumped 24v set up.........

See, that's what I have no idea of...I don't think VP's were that high stock, but I don't remember for sure:D

I don't know why it would make much difference, as long as you account for it with timing. Higher pop pressures retard the timing;

Chris

higher pop will atomize better if u need that , one has to watch as they set pop to see

Anyone know what the max "safe" pressure for most p-pumps would be? Safe meaning not blowing tips off injectors, or lines off pumps. I realize 13mm would probably be higher.

Chris

About the only thing that worrys me is that Im runing 8 hole tips. Dont want some huge pressure blowing the tips apart!

But Ill would like to have as much atomization as I can get. Ill be running Fly cut and decked pistons with a BIG cam, and some where in the 28-30* timing so I want to take advantage of as much HP as I can squeeze out of the motor!

Thats what I was thinking. But is that going to cause my truck to haze like crazy? Still got to DD the truck from time to time.

Doesn't better atomization produce less smoke? Or am i back asswards?

My 5x.018s from New Era are set at 280BAR, which according to Jims calumalatorthingy is 4061.06 psi LOL

Thats what I was thinking. But is that going to cause my truck to haze like crazy? Still got to DD the truck from time to time.

I wouldnt do 350 I was told thats how much a ppump can take but for how long I dont wanna know I would start @ 300 and work my way up or what u think or feel is best

If running around 320+ yr timing will need to b pretty hi , one needs to start usen a bore scope and watch the pattern when getting over 25deg usen stock washer thickness

i always thought that the higher rpm you want the less you want the pressure to be... that way it doesnt take a much timing to get the fuel in and it will reduce chances of the tip exploding. just my $.02