what really is timing to the head really?

1bad93

that guy
i have pods in the truck now, and when we put them in we took it for a spin at the factory timing. when i got back the guy who was helping me said we should advance the timing to head due to the way pods are it would help with thier low pop pressure. witch sure enough truck ran alot better. and that was fine and i never had issuses with it or anything. just always wondered how much timing it really is. ive heard 18* but i dont have a gauge to check. so did anyone ever check it? just kinda somthing i always wondered.
thanks jon

I believe they are a type of injector.

Prince of darkness or something like that

Last edited:
What are pods?

sorry about that, im far too used to talking to first gen people:lolly:.but yea as jermey said they are an injector. lucas prince of darkness. pretty much in a nut shell thier a cheap marine injector.
jon

Last edited:
You should probably check it to see where it's at for timing. But in any case, timing up to 18* never made anyones truck run worse.

And if you say it's to keep stickers from ending up on idiots trucks, there's nothing stopping them from coming here and giving ron 20 bucks for a sticker.

Last edited:
You should probably check it to see where it's at for timing. But in any case, timing up to 18* never made anyones truck run worse.

And if you say it's to keep stickers from ending up on idiots trucks, there's nothing stopping them from coming here and giving ron 20 bucks for a sticker.

wait what about stickers? maybe its cause its late but im lost. and i dont have the guages to check the timing correctly.
jon

wait what about stickers? maybe its cause its late but im lost. and i dont have the guages to check the timing correctly.
jon

Holy crap ignore that. My computer somehow sent that to 2 different threads, and the post that was supposed to be here is missing LOL Stupid slow internet.

Holy crap ignore that. My computer somehow sent that to 2 different threads, and the post that was supposed to be here is missing LOL Stupid slow internet.

ok, got yea. i read your post and was like what in the world is he talking about, but its cool. ive had my computer do some dumb stuff too.
jon

Bring it to the dyno in dillsburg saturday, let's see what it does!

I would really like to, but unless I can finish the twins piping and get the head off and o ringed in two days I wouldnt be able to:bang. Deffently the fall brawl tho.
Jon

With the dynamic advance, I think it's around 18-22 total depending on injector pop pressure and a few different things.