What Regulator with DSR lift pump?

ryanihw350

1stGENPULLER
What brand/ part number of regulator is everyone using with the DSR mechanical lift pumps? Looking through Summit catalog and just can't find one that I think will work.

As said, use the check valves.

Check valves are kind of a misnomer, They are actually mini regulators with a spring set to "pop off" at a certain pressure. I run a 70PSI on the return from the fuel pump, and a 50PSI on the back of the injection pump, where the overflow valve goes.

They are like the the metering valve from the old school Hilborn/Enderle mechanical injection systems. My dad runs most of the same parts on his nostalgia Hemi dragster.

Which DSR pump are you guys using? Im looking at either the 0 or 1/2 pump for my 2.5 pull truck (P7100 pump) based on their flow numbers but i havent been able to find what rpm those numbers are at?

As said, use the check valves.

Check valves are kind of a misnomer, They are actually mini regulators with a spring set to "pop off" at a certain pressure. I run a 70PSI on the return from the fuel pump, and a 50PSI on the back of the injection pump, where the overflow valve goes.

They are like the the metering valve from the old school Hilborn/Enderle mechanical injection systems. My dad runs most of the same parts on his nostalgia Hemi dragster.

So, is a regulator needed at all? What if there is no bleed or relief on the pump itself? Basically an in and out.

These check valves are essentially a regulator themselves, no need for a regulator, tee the outlet of your pump for one of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the pump doesn't have a built in regulator, you will need the check valve with correct psi pop off like what is mentioned in posts above. You will then run a hose after the check valve to return fuel to the tank. In one of the above post, someone uses another check valve to regulate fuel return out of the injection pump, in place of an overflow valve. I have heard of instances where the overflow valves can flutter. You can then tee in your injector return line to the injection pump return hose, then tee into fuel return hose that goes to the tank from your DSR pump.

So, is a regulator needed at all? What if there is no bleed or relief on the pump itself? Basically an in and out.

I don't run a regulator. If there is no relief on the pump then I would just put a Y-block in before the pump with a high PSI check valve, and then on the back of the inj pump put the low pressure check valve.