What Size Turbo

dodgeram2500

i am looking at getting a new turbo for the truck in my sig. it has the aurora 3000 now, and the egt's get way too hot! i've been looking at a 64/71/14, or a 66/71/14. now my question is which one of these turbos will work best for a twin setup down the road. i just can't afford twins just yet, and i hate this aurora turbo i want it gone.

I am loving this Super B Special, think it would be great for you as well.

wouldnt either of those be kinda large as a top turbo later?

i would try to figure out what would be best for that, get it now, and deal with it til you do the compounds

than again there are so many used turbos for sale on here...you could buy what ever you want now and then trade/buy sell then

what do you think of that idea?

oh, my bad

never bought a turbo from bd

hear they are the best deal tho...as its a complete kit, dp n all

well have fun w it

Get the Super B Special! I love it.... spool isnt bad and when it lites it hits hard! The Super B is a 57mm and the "Special" is a 64mm. Bd doesnt make a 62mm yet.

Get an Super Phat Shaft 62, Should work great for a top turbo later on down the road...

If you are planning to go twins later pick the 62mm otherwise go for the 64mm.

Get the Super B Special! The Super B is a 57mm and the "Special" is a 64mm. Bd doesnt make a 62mm yet.

all the stupid names. why they gotta make it so confusing? i thought the super b was a 62/65??? i think they should just say,

"heres your choice of compressors:

and heres your choice of turbines

...tell me which combo you want and we will build it for you - if you want to name it name it yourself"

pretty much i need something that is bigger than the aurora 3000, but not so big it cant be used in a twin setup. this truck is going to not be street driven hardly at all anymore. i was looking at the ii racing twins, but i think the silver bullet ant a modified big brother is going to be a bit too big for my fueling. i am also swaping my 100hp injectors out for 150 or 200, i cant decide.

Unless you going alot bigger than 200 stix a S475 under the super B will be fine. I can send you a full kit for what you would pay for a new turbo. PM me for details.

i love this site

i drag race motorcycles and whenever there is a post like that over on their forum a mod deletes it right away

here they are like, 'yea, dont waste your coin...get your twins on the cheap'

you will be building my kit soon carl

don

I'm a member here for that reason. Why else would anyone be a member? We came here together to share ideas and knowledge of products and experience to further our own knowledge and help us make the best decisions about our trucks. I, personally, would love for more folks to offer services/parts to me "on the cheap" as opposed to 150-300% mark-up of the "big" names that often dont stand behind their parts and I freely share the vendors names that I order from who have shown the best parts at the best prices with the best service. Many here would be amazed at the difference in cost of the exact same parts from different places. Also manufacturer price fixing that keeps vendors from being competitive and forces us all to pay more. I cant believe how expensive this sport has gotten lately and browse these boards to try and find the best deals and share them with everyone who wants them. I hope someday soon to be a big enough outfit to be in the sponsor forum, but ya gotta start somewhere!

my problem is that the ats upgrade kit is $3900. i can get a full twin setup from wicked diesel for $3900(s300 62/65/14 and a 2400 74/1.32ar). and having 2 new turbos sounds much better than one old and one new. i just don't know if this kit will be large enough for me

You could just sell your old one and get the new twin kit that you listed, it sounds like you got your mind made up, now just go out and now you just got to get the ordered

anyone running the twin kit from wicked diesel? or a setup similar in size. how do you like it? spool time good or bad? top end, max boost, ect.... i am leaning to this kit but would like real life experiences.

I am. a 62/65/12 over S475/1.32 with 250 stix and Quad ADR. spool is fairly quick and plenty of air and boost even with the big sticks. Once I have 15psi I can have 60psi in 2 secs. when the big charger lights, it hits like a hammer and pegs the gauge. I had no heat or lag issues and could tow/DD with the large injectors without worry. If you like Wicked's kit, go for it! or PM me and put the extra money towards injectors.:Cheer: