What size wastegate on your compounds?

91shelbydaytona

Post up your setup/turbos and what size gate your using to feed the primary. Also if you want to post what Brand gate, that could help others in the future.

not using a gate to feed my primary, but I am using a gate to limit the secondary.

HX40 over a GT42-02

HX40 has a 38mm.

GT42 has a 50mm

s465/83/.90 over a s480/96/1.32

t4 stainless manifold with gate plate.

JGS 40mm dumps into the hotpipe feeding the s480

Boost stays around 75psi

Last edited:
63/68/.83 t4 over s488/96/1.32. 45mm turbosmart gate dumping into hotpipe. Needs some adjusting as drive pressure is to the moon.

Sent from phone

Back when we ran compounds: 75 over a 104 with a JGS 50mm gate.

I know gate size relates directly to turbine size, but am I correct in thinking having too small of a exhaust housing could create higher drive pressures requiring a larger gate also? Is that part of the equation when properly sizing a gate?

on my 62/73/.91 over 480/96/1.10 with a 38mm i had 1 to 1 some times under 1 to 1

Wow.

Well...my setup has just one more chance at reducing the drive pressure to my secondary...
In every combination I have tried, high drive pressure remained. (100+psi drive to ~65psi boost at WOT)

It was suggested long ago that I should dump to the atmosphere, but I didn't want to lose any power from the primary, so I dumped the gate to the hot pipe.

Stepped up to a T4 x .83 on the secondary...hope it doesn't lose too much bottom end...and dumping the gate to the atmospheres for this go around.:pop:

I'd dump from secondary into hot pipe then gate the primary to atmosphere or exhaust. Going same route on my triples.

I'd dump from secondary into hot pipe then gate the primary to atmosphere or exhaust. Going same route on my triples.

Tried that already too.
Anything over 45psi to the primary was dumped to atmosphere.
I used a T6 gate plate, with a 40mm JGS on it.

Was going to say that ^^ Tip the gate on the pipe towards the turbo to get the best flow.