what size you think these injectors are?

DieselheaD

i think these are bullydog 8's, dont know the individual hole sizes. im guessing around 7 x .014??
dieselpix033.jpg

Are you kidding? Do you actually think someone can make that guess from just a picture?LOL

Find some wire drills in that range and check, or get various sizes of wire and a micrometer and check that way

Are you kidding? Do you actually think someone can make that guess from just a picture?LOL

Im not asking for an exact size chief,

just a better educated guess, from someone who obviously has more first hand experience than yourself, or mine with that size of nozzle.

Im not asking for an exact size chief,

just a better educated guess, from someone who obviously has more first hand experience than yourself, or mine with that size of nozzle.

You could no easier guess what number I am thinking of, then I could guess what size orifice is in that nozzle, and I have an exteme amount of experience.

Generally stranded wire around around 12-14 gauge in a single strand might fit the hole fairly well, then you can measure the diameter of the strand. Or find a machine shop with gauge pins that can determine the size.

il mic the needle i put in the hole. i didnt know people were afraid of guessing

again not looking for the exact size down to .001... just a guess. and if anyone has dealt with bullydog 8's chime in

these ran pretty hard in a vp truck, now that its p-pumped it would be fun to try them out but they were sold and shortly after a tip cracked

:wrong:

It is not possible to even guess what size they are. But I will give it a try... They look like 5,000 horse nozzles to me.$.02

:wrong:

It is not possible to even guess what size they are. But I will give it a try... They look like 5,000 horse nozzles to me.$.02

wrong forum? its a picture...in the photagraphy section.. and im asking for opinions. :what:

thanks for the enthusiasm tho, i think il have my 5000+hp 24v puller once i plug the redline in and blow compressed air into my fuel tank to push that extra bit of fuel also.

congrats on adding a worthless reply to my thread.

Omg, you really want someone to guess the hole size in the nozzle? :hehe: And you post a picture of a nozzle in our photography section that's purpose is for people to post pictures of their rides.

I get yelled at for being a dick, and being blunt, but for Christ sakes this is the **** that just pisses me off.

I stand behind my original guess... 5,000 HP!

Come on man... You can't be serious with this question.

I would mic that piece of lint on the end and multiply that by 340 and it should get you pretty close!

click on the picture, it helps.

i dont give a flyin fuKk about why anyone thinks this is a dumb or misplaced question.
this is competition diesel..right?

if you have seen a lot of nozzles with holes from .012 - .022, i thought someone would be able to say,

"that looks like its closer to a .018 or .020 than a .014" or "oh ive ran those there so and so"

please feel free admins to delete this if everyones pantys are twisted

They look bigger than the holes in my 7x14's... Happy?

Last edited:
I can EASILY make minute measurements in thousanths of an inch from a photo, however I cannot see how many holes there are...and I don't like you so I won't help you!

Looks to be 0.016-0.018".

Thanks Weston!

To everyone else,

Cody doesn't have a pin gauge set, so just looking for some opinions or guesstimates. They are my old injectors, I think he was just browsing the old photos and thought he'd make a thread. No harm no foul.

I HAVE seen much worse on this forum...LOL