What tires to buy?

02puller

Iam about to purchase new tires for the full time pulling truck. just wanting some opinions on what to run?

This has been covered like 4 million times

phone

Lol exactly what I was thinking when I read the title.

Might help to know the details of your build estimated hp, gears, transmission, pulling class ect.

I have a set of 33" trxus in the for sale section if you decide to go that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its funny how a subject like this gets covered a million times but on all the pulling sites on the net you can never start a good conversation between the real Pulling tires (Nichols, Pitbulls, Cepeks). Everything is top secret to the extreme!

FWIW Nichols seem to be the best pulling tire out there right now due to the huge weight loss you gain in the rotating mass. I was able to add nearly 100 pounds to the nose when swtiching. Also We needed to go down one point in the gearing. They BITE much harder then the Pitbulls. Also on a 20" rim they are an inch wider then the pitbulls.

Also if any of my diesel buddies know of some N/A trucks that take pulling seriously I am Selling my Hemi and upgrading.

http://www.racingjunk.com/Chassis/182119484/650ci-5-GOODWIN-HEMI.html

Attachments

• DIABLO St-Hyacinthe 1.jpg
    DIABLO St-Hyacinthe 1.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Its funny how a subject like this gets covered a million times but on all the pulling sites on the net you can never start a good conversation between the real Pulling tires (Nichols, Pitbulls, Cepeks). Everything is top secret to the extreme!

FWIW Nichols seem to be the best pulling tire out there right now due to the huge weight loss you gain in the rotating mass. I was able to add nearly 100 pounds to the nose when swtiching. Also We needed to go down one point in the gearing. They BITE much harder then the Pitbulls. Also on a 20" rim they are an inch wider then the pitbulls.

Also if any of my diesel buddies know of some N/A trucks that take pulling seriously I am Selling my Hemi and upgrading.

http://www.racingjunk.com/Chassis/182119484/650ci-5-GOODWIN-HEMI.html
a local guy to me with a 2 wheeler switched to Nichols from cepeks I couldn't believe how much wider and bigger they looked than any other cut I'd seen