what to buy 5.9 or 6.7 cummins truck

thats the going rate for a complet job, not a hack job, by a local shop. just went through this last week with them about a truck a friend of mine was going to buy.

Well, then they were gonna rip your buddy off. There's really nothing complicated about it regardless of how you do it. Have a delete pipe made by a local muffler shop, or buy a TBE. It's still only a bit of exhaust work and plugging in a programmer.

I figured it was a bit high, but didn't think it was that far off, too late now he bought the 2006 w 40 k on it, thanks tho.

Get an 06 5.9 and you will be happy with a 48re and with no programmer u can get over 20 mpg. with an 07.5 and up 6.7 you have to do egr delete atleast and ram the exhaust with something to remove the crap in it then bolt it back up or pay money to have a muffler shop cut it out and weld a new piece in. 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab Metalic Black Rebuilt 6.7 Engine For Sale Call John 334 806 7503 is a truck im doing a rebuild on. I have pics of how the egr will clog ur intake and kill ur engine.

thats the going rate for a complet job, not a hack job, by a local shop. just went through this last week with them about a truck a friend of mine was going to buy.

This might be a silly question. But why would you pay a shop to do the delete??
It's a pretty straight forward deal to delete everything. Guess I get a lot more enjoyment wrenching on my trucks than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

as I said, this was a quote to do the work on another persons truck, my 04.5 isn't going anywhere for a while, its just starting to get fun!

I truly believe that the EPA wants to kill the diesel engine by what they're making manufacturers do.