What to do

2broke4smoke

Okay so I have a 2006 6.0 with around 50k on the odometer. I am not looking for performance gains as much as fuel mileage and reliability!!! So far the truck has had 0 issues however it will stay hooked to a trailer and probably see around 80k over the next year. What should I do to help reliablity. I have never fooled with Fords as this is my work truck. Do I need an EGR block off? Exhaust? Intake? What will make this thing live???:thankyou2:

I would say delete the EGR and get some head studs. Open up that exhaust a little and get you a good towing tune from Eric at Innovative Diesel

I would say delete the EGR and get some head studs. Open up that exhaust a little and get you a good towing tune from Eric at Innovative Diesel

I agree but as you might know 6.0 diesel have a problem with the headgaskets blowing and get worse as the power is increased. My suggestion to you is to keep it stock and add full turbo back exhaust. Or add if you are a little more gutsy add Gauges and a low hp tow tune.

Intake,Exhaust and gauges. Keep everything stock since its under warranty and your towing.

Gauges (Oil Temp, Water Temp, and EGT) the first two will help you diagnose any EGR/Oil Cooler issues and the third will keep you from beating on it. Exhaust, keep the cat and get the offroad test pipe from MBRP.