What to look for when buying a 12V head??

That's why I like buying complete ve motors , they're cheap compared to ppump motors . the last one I bought was international head and block for 800$ total 400$ from me . Went in halves with a guy who wanted the injection components .

I opted for a loaded, reman'd head from Cummins for my rebuild. Although it was $1400, I'd rather that than take a chance on cheap materials. Not to say that it'll be completely flawless from Cummins but it has their approval to sell for re-use after having been inspected and rebuilt.

Unfortunately, they don't make new heads anymore. They only have reman'd units.

Hamilton has a new street level head coming out, that supposed to flow well and still have swirl ramps. If I was looking for a head today, I would certainly check it out.

Hopefully their "street" head isn't a small limited run like their competition head is. I feel like some of these places will talk up a new product for 2 years before it comes out, show all kinds of sexy pictures of it, show dyno sheets, and flow numbers, and then when they do offer it they are sold out in 6 months and they are almost non-existent to obtain for the average joe like me....