What Torque Converter to go with?

I wish the pressure on my VB came up quicker. I would like to maybe modify my shift lever to let it come up to full pressure by maybe half throttle? Im sure it wouldnt be a problem if my tranny was completely built, but im sure the pressure in it isnt what it could be in its old age, so i think it would be beneficial in holding the power. Especially pulling a trailer.

I didnt know the pressures came up faster on the 48re VB. Sounds like a good move though.

Eric

i need one for my 02 dodge also. i think im gonna go with goerends triple disk and a valve body. how well will that perform?

I wish the pressure on my VB came up quicker. I would like to maybe modify my shift lever to let it come up to full pressure by maybe half throttle? Im sure it wouldnt be a problem if my tranny was completely built, but im sure the pressure in it isnt what it could be in its old age, so i think it would be beneficial in holding the power. Especially pulling a trailer.

I didnt know the pressures came up faster on the 48re VB. Sounds like a good move though.

Eric

Call up DTT and talk to them to get more details but that's what they told me a year ago. For the record I'm still running a 47re VB.

There is no point in me calling about it, since im sure a built tranny with the 47rh VB will be fine for me, i just found that interesting. My transmission still does good, but its had its share of abuse.

i need one for my 02 dodge also. i think im gonna go with goerends triple disk and a valve body. how well will that perform?

Awesome:rockwoot: Go ahead with a billet input too though if you can swing it. That is what im running in mine. My transmission is stock internally other than the input, Vb and TC, and it has been great for me. Make sure to put the billet strap, anchor, and apply lever in when you do it though. The higher pressure of my VB broke the stock anchor, and you can only install the billet apply lever with the transmission out, so be sure and do it at the same time.

Eric

After many conversations with different tranny builders, I'm going with a Goerend Triple Disc and valvebody. I hope none of the others feel they wasted their time in talking to me, I was glad they were willing to share knowledge and reasoning behind their suggested setups.

I'm going triple disc because my tranny is a stock rebuild, stock shafts and so on. The valvebody supplies higher pressures than stock, but not the high pressures a single would require for lower rpm use, and all the builders felt that a stock build tranny would not hold up as well to those higher pressures over the long run. My reasoning for choosing Goerend, besides being a standup guy and one helluva product, is location. I'm 5 hours from the shop in case something were to go haywire.

Interesting post, so the Dodge trans uses pressure to lock up the converter? Ford E4/4R's are just the opposite, uses pressure to unlock.

Im thinking pressure is also used to unlock the converter. Im not exactly sure how it all works.