What Tranny to Buy

Jthatcher

I have an 06 cummins, 100hp injectors, twins, pump, efilive and the works. I tow over 15,000lbs on a monthly or greater bases. Whats the best bang for the buck and best warranty. The stock tranny with 146,000 miles is getting tired

Auto or standard?

For automagic Use Goerand, Garmon, Or FirePunk. All site members and all great people.

Think Goerend has the best track record of warranty.

Subscribing....why do trans prices vary so much between builders? Coming from a Dmax background your options for the Allison are fairly limited and the prices are pretty even all across.

I have an 06 cummins, 100hp injectors, twins, pump, efilive and the works. I tow over 15,000lbs on a monthly or greater bases. Whats the best bang for the buck and best warranty. The stock tranny with 146,000 miles is getting tired

Where are you located?

Don't think that the prices listed are All that you can get from these guys. You needs to call the Trans builder and tell him your needs and he will build to suit. So prices will not be what on the web site.

You needs to call the Trans builder and tell him your needs and he will build to suit. So prices will not be what on the web site.

Best advice there. Call them and ask them how they will deal with a warranty claim if your out on the road etc.

Best advice there. Call them and ask them how they will deal with a warranty claim if your out on the road etc.

Don't think that the prices listed are All that you can get from these guys. You needs to call the Trans builder and tell him your needs and he will build to suit. So prices will not be what on the web site.

Got it. Thanks guys. I was just seeing price swings for the same quoted power levels by up to $2k and if I'm throwing that kind of money at it I need logic behind it. I will be calling some of the builders and finding out what is available to me.

Back