what tuner H&S or Smarty

BlowinTwins

Always Broke
I am looking for a little help from the 6.7 guys, my buddy has a 6.7 with the egr delete, and particulate filter delete. He replaced the vgt turbo with an htt 66mm turbo, studed the heads, and put on a fass fuel system, we ran the 225 tune from H&S with aggressive turbo tune, which i was told to run with that turbo and we dynoed 389 hp last weekend at numidia. is the software out there all set up for vgt turbos or is there something you guys found that works well with straight vane turbos.

thanks

its all personal preference I have the blackmaxx because I like to have switch on the fly/guages all rolled into one unit as far as the tuning I like the smarty better because you can fine tune it to your needs although H&S said you will be able to do the blackmaxx to after the release of active maxx ,but its not out yet maybe soon though (crossed fingers) on the dyno back to back with a smarty on 3 different trucks the XRT out performed the smarty on sw9 by anywhere for 15-30hp on 3 different modded levels of 6.7s anyhow, I my opinion its all user preference does he want set it and forget it (H&S) or does he want to fine tune his truck (smarty). also unless he has dual cp3s or at least a modded cp3 the 225 tune may actually be costing him power I know it did on my truck the 175 tune pulls way harder on the dyno and the street on my truck JMO

try running the 175HD unless u have a upgrade cp3. the 225 tune will hurt performance if there isnt enough fuel