What turbo to run?

Cummins016spd

Justin
What turbo would work best I plan on going with the 150 horse injectors and the superchip for now but about to do clutch fass or airdog and will do turbo and headstuds later this will be over about a 6 to 8 month build.

150 hp injectors r good but id drop the superchip an get a smarty u will get alot more power out of it an alot better throttle response an u can tune alot more with the smarty i had a superchip could hardly tell it was on there and as for turbos id go with a silver phatshaft 62 with a 14cm exhausthousing or a hightech 62 mm with a 14cm exhaust housing or their 13cm stainless steel housing u aint gota worry bout it crackin over time vs a cast exhaust housing an they both will spool close to a stock charger and lower egt's

Ok thanks forsure I will drop the superchip but for now I'll have to stay with it what do you think about the lift pump I wanted to do fass without filters but idk to much about the raptor

Id go ahead an get a fas or airdog 150 with filter alot more fuel press and the stock fuel canister is restrictive

62 turbo with your choice of turbine/housing should be about perfect. The stock fuel filter contains a fuel heater which you'd lose by going to another filtration system, but I doubt you need it much in kentucky. Even a stock lift pump can provide ample pressure with a line kit because it is the banjo bolt fittings that cause the most restriction on the oem fuel system.

Looks like Texas to me...I kept my stock filter/housing for the free water in fuel sensor and fuel heater....it gets cold in Tennessee during the winter.

A Phat Shaft 62/70 or a 62/80 would be great. If you want to keep the exhaust housing from cracking a HPC coating inside and outside would work better for less money. The coating has a 45% heat reflection. Works very good! Stainless is nice but it still cracks. Thanks, Brady

I wouldnt be to scared about loosing the fuel heater. I live in Maine and have yet to have a problem truck still fires even at 30- 0 with the wind blowing.

I would get and edge J/A or a Quad Adrenaline. Smarty is only going to give you 65hp because it doesn't tap the pump wire. On a vp'd truck that is where the power comes from is the pump tap. I agree with turbo size 62.

And with any vp'd truck you need to get a good lift pump Fass, Airdog, or a mechanical pump and fuel pressure gauge.