What would be the Best twin kit for my 12v

motasupra

I have a super b special on my truck now and want to know what compound set up would be best? I would like to run mid or low 12's with 35 inch tires and 6.5" lift. I run 14.01 @ 97 with my current set up. I feel that there is a lot done to my engine and trans so now I'm asking for some advice.:confused:

I did look up some kits but I'm so so on the bd kit and they don't recommend using the SB special. it does come with a manifold but some of the kit looks plastic.

The kit on DAP is cheep but what down falls does it have if its so cheep.

source is out of my budget.

any other kits out there?

mods are in sig and I just ordered a tcs input shaft for my trans. I'v been leaving the line at 10lbs till now.

What rear end gears are you using? If 4.10 you have more speed left in that charger. 3.55's is too much load with 35's on a truck of that power level. I'd step down a size or two on the turbine and pair it with a 75/96/1.32 or 1.10. The DAP, CPP, and Carl Carls kits have satisfactory quality...I know at least 2 of those are made by the same guy if not all of them.

You need bigger injectors.

Oh holy chit are you the guy that lives in l
Klamath? Quad cab long bed?

DAP parts are pretty well built and rather thorough.
If you want to build your own it would be way cheaper.
Any 76 to 80 mm primary would work as a decent primary, but you will need more pump and way bigger injectors. ANd youneed to use the SEARCH button..
This has been asked a thousand times already.

Ok so this is all good info.
yeah I'm in weed ca but its near klamath.

My truck should have the 4.10 setup due to how high my rpm's are at 70 with the 35" tires on it.

I have done some searching but all the threads die out after only a few posts so I wanted to keep this one going. then post what happened after the mods are done including a 1/4 mile pass.

What size turbos would be recommended to run with the super B S and be streetable. its just a modified s300 right?

With the fueling comment what is needed for me to be set up with a truck that will clear most or all smoke when at full boost?
My fuel set up is 4000 springs .22 valves and some home made tweaks.

The super b special is a 64/71/14 if I remember correctly. As said before a S478-80 with a 1.10-1.25 ar for a primary would work well. You could clean up 5x.016s with those twins in my opinion, maybe even bigger. That's a good 800+ HP worth of air.

I'll have to bring the Chevy down there sometime and check out your rig. You bought it from Matt correct?

Yeah Siskiyou Diesel Sold it for some one. It was running mid 15s with the stock turbo and egts where super high. After the turbo swap and down sizing to the 35s it went to low 14s. Now that I got the input shaft I'm going to have Mat through it in and I would like to get the twins set up at the same time.

Still looking at kits and turbo pricing. Does any one have more fueling upgrade recommendations that would fit this build?

5x.016's and plenty of lift pump to keep it up around 50+ psi of fuel pressure.

Also send your injection pump to someone to get it maxed and balanced. I recommend Seth at DPE.

Last edited:
Ok so I talked with matt @ siskiyou diesel today. I think I'm going to have him run through my trans put in the Billet shaft and send my 3 disk converter in to get it refreshed. so the trans is going to be ready for the rest.

The next thing I can put on with the trucks current setup is the lift pump. I'm leaning toward a fass lift pump. What do you folks think?

Is a Fass 125 going to cut it? it does 45lbs. Also should I only worry about the gpm and psi or is the air separation really going to help?

I would go with more lift pump than that. Look into fuel labs as well. That's where I would be purchasing my next lift pump.

CFM Game

So I don't want to change the hole direction of this post but I have a new question that I feel is related.

Before I go with twins and just run the highest boost possible to get the hp I want what about air movement through the engine? Like after market exhaust manifold, intake manifold, inter cooler, cam, port match head.

So the question is what are the big restrictions in the 5.9? I think I'm going to try to make more hp by making the engine more efficient first then add a turbo.

Any thoughts?

Need more info....how much does the truck weigh? Timing? Boost? EGT? etc.

I have a super b special on my truck now and want to know what compound set up would be best? I would like to run mid or low 12's with 35 inch tires and 6.5" lift. I run 14.01 @ 97 with my current set up. I feel that there is a lot done to my engine and trans so now I'm asking for some advice.:confused:

I did look up some kits but I'm so so on the bd kit and they don't recommend using the SB special. it does come with a manifold but some of the kit looks plastic.

The kit on DAP is cheep but what down falls does it have if its so cheep.

source is out of my budget.

any other kits out there?

mods are in sig and I just ordered a tcs input shaft for my trans. I'v been leaving the line at 10lbs till now.

The kit we (DAP) sell on the site has a "cheaper" (if you will) price tag because it comes unpainted, and requires some clean up.