What would you do?

fearthedeere6.7

I have a 95 with a decent built auto and a 96 with a 5sp with a crap dual disk. Im wanting to turn one of them into a play to. The 96 needs a motor rebuild. Im leaning towards the auto as a sled/drag truck. What would you do pull the motor on the 96 build it up and put it in the 95 or build the 96 motor stock and just throw a few bolt ons(cam,fluiddamper,ect) on the 95. Going to have about 4k to play with.

specs for each truck
unknow dual disk (might hold 400hp)
AD 2 165 pump.
marine 4 holes (they where free)
215 with full cuts and 4ks
head is origned with 60lbvs

goerend built auto (minus inter. and output shafts)
5x14s
160 with 3/4 cuts, racked barrels, 4ks
holset 65-74?-16 hybrid turbo
AD raptor.

The auto will be the toy. Didn't know if it be worth pulling both motors and swaping them. Next year ill be building which ever motor I dont build this year. Which is why I figured I could get away with just a couple bolt ons in the 95

Not sure whats wrong with it. Wont hold any power slipped with the same setup as my auto. Pulled it out and had a shop look at it when finger broke and said nothing was wrong with it.

use the 215pump and send it to kevin, build around that potential, the auto will cost more but allow you to drag race also..

planned on benching the 215 and getting a billet output for the auto. Prolly gonna keep the 5x14s and drop to a 63mm charger to run in the 2.5 class. either that or keep my 65 and take my butt whooping in the 2.6 class. more than likey ill just do a drop in cam in them motor in the 95 and do some head work. and just slap a semi stock rebuild on the 96. Really depends on how much uncle sam returns to me and how generous Cummins is feeling this year on my bonus.

Back