What would you pay for a 96 12V?

jibmaster145

Exactly what the title says. What is considered a good deal on a 12 valve complete Cummins?

I found a 1996 12 valve Cummins for $1000 and the owner said it ran when he pulled it.

Also, I am planning to convert my F250 from a 7.3L to a Cummins and was leaning to a 2004.5 to 2005 CR but thought this might be a deal on a 12V instead.

How hard is it to detune a 12V? Could I just swap in a set of stock injectors to detune it when I don't want power?

I would like to build a 700-800hp engine and from the looks of things 12V parts are less expensive than CR parts. Is there something I am missing?

Please post comments.

1000 dollars sounds good for a running 12v engine. it is relatively easy to detune a 12v, but at 7-800hp you could run it at full power, if you have a easy foot, and i would just slid the fuel plate back, and slid the afc housing back to detune the truck....I run a set of 5x.016's that are from Ii, and they should be good for 900hp according to Industrial injections website. I plan to make about 650-700 and the injectors are more then streetable, but i don't tow very much.

I put a 12v in my 94. I imagine the CR wont be too easy as far as wiring. The 12v would probably be easier to make that kind of power too, you can get a set of injectors for no more then 800 bucks and with the 12v you can play with your pump and get power out of it too..

damn that is a good deal. was the engine attatched to a manual transmission or any auto?

if your not gonna buy it send me the guys contact info. I need a motor! Where is it located?

Yea PM me his info if you dont buy it please. What state is it in? Just curious cuz if its california or something it would be out of the question anyway