whats a good posi for a 02 2500 dana 70

When i bought my 02 it was the same way, I went to the local junkyard and pulled a few dana 70's apart until i found one with a limited slip, pulled it brought it home swaped my ring gear and reshimmed it works like a charm now.

Mine seems to be holding up just fine and i'm running a schieds lightning vp, 150's, edge comp hot, 62/71/14, and a tunnel ram.

The posi will hold more than the axle. Pretty tuff OEM unit, think they say there good for 700ish hp. When you find one take it apart and flip the frictions over, cheap rebuild.

Broke my 70 two times. Spiders once and twisted the pinion off the second time. The axles are not the week link in the 70.

I should have been more specific. The posi unit isn't going to be what fails, it will be the axle in general. I didn't mean to say the shafts, just alot less to type then pinion, ring gear, spider gears, etc, etc,

Do you guys think it would be best to head to a wrecking yard to see what I can find? Or would getting some sort of Detroit, etc be better?

i want to burn both tires and not get stuck at a stop light when its raining, it just sits there and spins one wheel

i want to burn both tires and not get stuck at a stop light when its raining, it just sits there and spins one wheel

I'm with mstuck as well, besides from weighing the rear of the truck down...it's still crummy to have open diff...

Also, I'm slowly building it up for a drag/street truck, so tractions bars, more engine goodies, more tranny goodies, etc will be on the list. I would like to have a limited slip, posi lock, etc that will help put it to the ground in 2wd:lolly:

You both could get buy with a LS carrier in your 70s if your not going to be pulling. I have a detroit locker in my 80 and im not a big fan of it on the street. Im not planing on pulling any more so I think the locker is going to be comming out. SOON!