whats a good single

ozone burner

Guys i am building a cummins 12v. it is a p pump motor i plan on running 5x14 injectors my end goal is 500 to 550 hp. iam a retard when it comes to single turbos so help.

I lot of people will probably disagree, but I'd go with a smaller turbo like a 62mm. Smaller turbos are way easier and more fun to drive than waiting for a big single to spool. You can always go twins later if you want more.

the problem with twins is getting them to fit. Iam putting this engine in a 72 ford cc. the space is limited the way the engine sits in the compartment.

What elevation? If your not gonna tow a whole lot try finding a 66-74-12 mine lights good and fast at 4500ft elevation. That will get you 550 and up fairly easily.

Sent from my iPhone during class

I would also say

63/68/0.91 T4 - 44mm gate, or if you want quicker spool you can get an 0.83 T-4 cut from an S258 housing

Go divided, though. I feel like this 0.88 undivided is hindering my spooling characteristics

(ymmv)

auto or manual? with a manual you can go bigger and DD easier. with an auto you will have a little more trouble with spool up. i love my 62/71/.80 AR on my 12v in my conversion and it drives as if i had a stock turbo. i am sure with some proper tuning on it that i would be closer to 500 rwhp

Last edited:
Manually shifted autos spool turbos better than manuals ;)

wow this is a popular conversation piece. it is going to be a auto trans.Young guns my elevation is 1000ft.

It's popular cause you have guys like me from Utah that tow to 8k ft elevation or more. Then guys that tow at sea level and the results are different for everyone. So lots of opinions and experiences but only a few will work best for your situation. I was able to tow 12-13k successfully with a 66-74-12 at 7000ft and hold it above 60mph going easy on it and the trans never getting above 150*. Then Unhook the trailer and run a high 12. (1500ft)

Just depends on a lot of variables. Hopefully my somewhat limited experience helps you choose the best turbo for your application!