What's next? Need some advice

I finally got it strapped to a dyno on sunday. Truck made 230hp and 450ft/lbs to the rear wheels. That's with no boost reference going to the AFC housing on the injection pump. I didn't realize that the line was broken!!! Another dyno day is coming up on the 25th of september, I'm going to try and make it for that and see what she'll put down with a fixed boost line and I'll prob get a fuel pin for it by then too. I don't think I'll hit 300hp to the wheels, but I might be close.

I'd take your afc lever out and see how you like it, then it is at full fuel all the time and the fuel pin is then useles. I took mine out and I like it. Plus that way you can always put it back in if you don't like it, where if you grind it, then you can't go back. Mine is pretty smokey til the turbo lights but then you better be hangin on. The smoke is still controllable with your right foot.

I know this is a stupid question, but you got any pics or a right up on the afc? and modifying it? I haven't really gotten into my pump to hard, I've done a gov spring, but that's it.

khaoskustoms any new news on this thing Im looking at making the same power on a similar setup just trying to see where you stand now?
Thanks
Jeremy

Dont remove your afc with injectors that big. Your turbos will never light....

Not sure I agree with grinding the afc pin yourself, there isnt enough meat on the stock one to get full pin travel. It will improve it, just not to the fullest potential.

Crank up your timing!!! Skip a tooth maybe! Also think about the M&H timing spacer, or something along those lines.

And make sure you have positive fuel pressure to the ip while at full throttle.

Check for full throttle. Remove the high idle screw, cut the part off the throttle linkage that gets in the way, etc. You will probably have to modify your throttle cable bracket to get more pull. If people are getting 400 hp at 4000 with a 6bt, theres no reason why you shouldnt be able to get power at 4000 rpm with a 4 cylinder pump. Try clipping 2 or 3 coils off the gov spring as well.

Good luck!

khaoskustoms any new news on this thing Im looking at making the same power on a similar setup just trying to see where you stand now?
Thanks
Jeremy

I ran it on a mustang dyno in september. She made 285hp and 590ft/lbs to the rear wheels. Haven't touched the truck since. It's hibernating in my garage for the winter lol.

Dont remove your afc with injectors that big. Your turbos will never light....

Not sure I agree with grinding the afc pin yourself, there isnt enough meat on the stock one to get full pin travel. It will improve it, just not to the fullest potential.

Crank up your timing!!! Skip a tooth maybe! Also think about the M&H timing spacer, or something along those lines.

And make sure you have positive fuel pressure to the ip while at full throttle.

Check for full throttle. Remove the high idle screw, cut the part off the throttle linkage that gets in the way, etc. You will probably have to modify your throttle cable bracket to get more pull. If people are getting 400 hp at 4000 with a 6bt, theres no reason why you shouldnt be able to get power at 4000 rpm with a 4 cylinder pump. Try clipping 2 or 3 coils off the gov spring as well.

Good luck!

I have adjusted my throttle linkage. I know I'm getting full travel. I can spin 3600rpm currently. The Denny T pin really woke the truck up. I know see 75psi of boost. I will try playing with the timing more this spring when I pull the truck out of storage.