Whats the best way to adjust a 5Kgsk?

Ok I tightened it a click and nothin changed but mine ilde is around 750 instead of 600. It still hangs up and almost revs to 2k. From the top of the stud to the inside bottom of the nut it measures 0.127. What should it measure? Thanks

sounds like an experience i had. try to back them off a click or two.

Garrett

Ok I backed them off untill they were loose then put a couple clicks on them and they now measure .053-.055 and it is better but Its still will rev to 1krpm if I go to much more than 800 and it idles at 600 then if I hit the throttle it will rev to 1k then slowly come down to 600.

What DVs are you running in the pump?
They are DDP competition high flow DVs. Man this thing runs hard even with me runnin to 3500rpm then shiffting. It feels like my 0-60 time is like 5 sec. I think i need more fuel. Im gana try and grind my #10 plate to a #0 and see how that works.

After you make adjustments you need to drive it some for things to settle out. Cold 30*,mine will idle as low as 600. Warm it is steady at 700. I can't get much more or it will speed up. It's the nature of the beast. Everything you change makes a difference, dv's, gov springs, timing.

Ya I went down the road and ran it. So it might be just somethin I have to live with. I guess you can really call it a street truck so I should quit trying to make it one. Ya Im gana pull the plate and see how it runs.

Remember when you dyno, pull or race it you need to tighten the springs back down. It will not fuel as high in the upper rpm's with them loose. My dyno number was at 2500. It was flat after that. I forgot to tighten them.

So if I pull or dyno or race I need to put like what a click or 2 clicks back on the sprinks and deal with the idle up?

Did you ever call Schied to make sure you were setting up those springs correctly. The shop my pump is at was having some problems at first then called CDS and got everything straighten up and they are perfect now.

No ive been real busy at work and havent had time to call them. Will call then Mon. and see what they say. Thanks guys