Whats the biggest twins you would be willing to drive on the street.

sinfulcoin

Alright guys I have been working on the the swap fulltime and I have yet to address what size chargers are going on it. This truck is going to be driven on the street from time to time and that is about it. I have a daily driver so no sled pulling and no drag racing, might do a few dynos from time to time. I want to make some serious Hp with this so don't hold back as I only want to have to buy turbos once and I want big ones. Also with all this what do you guys think about running without the intercooler and maybe just water???

05 CR engine
balanced bottom end
Head P&P has a sheetmetal intake I built
valve spings and push rods
pistons cut .120 and coated
fire ringed and studs
flux 4's or bigger I think haven't got them yet
dual pumps
mod rail, lines, and crossovers

Alright guys I have been working on the the swap fulltime and I have yet to address what size chargers are going on it. This truck is going to be driven on the street from time to time and that is about it. I have a daily driver so no sled pulling and no drag racing, might do a few dynos from time to time. I want to make some serious Hp with this so don't hold back as I only want to have to buy turbos once and I want big ones. Also with all this what do you guys think about running without the intercooler and maybe just water???

05 CR engine
balanced bottom end
Head P&P has a sheetmetal intake I built
valve spings and push rods
pistons cut .120 and coated
fire ringed and studs
flux 4's or bigger I think haven't got them yet
dual pumps
mod rail, lines, and crossovers

64/71/14 over S480 will get you 750+

S400/HC5A should be streetable depending on your right foot and definition of streetable.

Sorry plan on a cam as well. Smokem I knew right off the bat that I wanted twins and high boost numbers. With piston protusion, head gasket I have and the head being decked this is what I needed to get to the number desired. I am wondering about the low boost/timing know that other guys are having and I am curious to see what is going to happen.

I have a very loose definition of streetable and I would like to be closer to the 1K mark.

Got to check with my guy but I know it took a bunch off the deck to correct a botched fire ring job from a shop that I am not going to name. it was my on dummAZZ fault. Shop compensated for it very well and instead of trashing the block I chose to cut it again and use the compensation for other parts.

How much difference would there be between the 66/71/13ss over 488 and a 64/71/13ss. Also does the 66 come with a 74 or is this really going to be pushing it. Thanks guys on helping me sort this out.

Been thinking about BB just not sure if I want to part with the coin. Anybody want to chime in about a TTBB charger setup that you have and runs?

Well u could run a 66/71/14 over a 480 with race cover or u could got to two custom chargers like a 71mm over a 595 seen it on a daliy driver and pretty bad a** and it spools better than the 66 setup

haven't bought the injectors yet because I was wondering about this. Flux3-6 are the same price and seven's are only one hundred bucks more. Heck custom is 1100-1300. Maybe I should just get the big ones and see what happens. But I can really see some bent rods in the future of this engine.

Alright got to ask because the engine I pulled out of this was 496/1260 and was a blast to drive. It went into my brothers truck and now I am wondering what its like to drive a 6100lbs street truck with a nudge north of 1Khp