Whats the biggest twins you would be willing to drive on the street.

if your shooting for 1k fuel numbers air is not the problem. Heck who really knows the limits of a 64/71/13ss-s480 set up on a 05 truck.
Electronics have there say in where things will go with the 05 trucks.
Too big of chargers and big sticks will work against you. Seems to be a fine line with the what will work to hit 900/ if you run the Smarty on higher settings with big sticks and big cowbells the fire will go out. With all the fuel being pumped in the chargers cannot catch up and when they do the run is over. If peak power is made between 2900-3100 rpm you need to be on fuel boost at that point.

Good luck
Rob

Alright guys I have been working on the the swap fulltime and I have yet to address what size chargers are going on it. This truck is going to be driven on the street from time to time and that is about it. I have a daily driver so no sled pulling and no drag racing, might do a few dynos from time to time. I want to make some serious Hp with this so don't hold back as I only want to have to buy turbos once and I want big ones. Also with all this what do you guys think about running without the intercooler and maybe just water???

05 CR engine
balanced bottom end
Head P&P has a sheetmetal intake I built
valve spings and push rods
pistons cut .120 and coated
fire ringed and studs
flux 4's or bigger I think haven't got them yet
dual pumps
mod rail, lines, and crossovers

Exactly!!!.......................WHY?????

Sorry plan on a cam as well. Smokem I knew right off the bat that I wanted twins and high boost numbers. With piston protusion, head gasket I have and the head being decked this is what I needed to get to the number desired. I am wondering about the low boost/timing know that other guys are having and I am curious to see what is going to happen.

I have a very loose definition of streetable and I would like to be closer to the 1K mark.

How about this for the big charger?:evil:evil:evil:charger:

sorry more like this.

haven't bought the injectors yet because I was wondering about this. Flux3-6 are the same price and seven's are only one hundred bucks more. Heck custom is 1100-1300. Maybe I should just get the big ones and see what happens. But I can really see some bent rods in the future of this engine.

Oh.....I see.....You must have a little dick!!:hehe::kick:

Bigger IS NOT always better ;)

There are only two reasons to have a 1000 hp street driven vehicle that's not mainly used for competition........................

1- either you want to go to jail.

or

2- you want to die.:bang

Besides, even if you don't accomplish one of the two above.........you won't have to worry about too much driving anyway because most of the time you will be working on all the broken crap.:doh:

mach 7 s too.... sorry obviously this is a thread of BS. You mean your not going to race it or sled pull but you want a truck that with borderline street manors. Actually sounds boring. I would rather have it be very streetable with decent mpg s, blow some smoke, and race the thing. But its your story, just sounds usless.

71/73/13ss over S-510 Is a killer set-up

The stock turbo is enough to kill me if I'm not careful. Why would anyone need to spend 50K to kill themselves?

My question to the original poster is how many high 800+ HP trucks run around on the street at 800+ HP for daily driving? I'll bet the vast majority of trucks detune to around 500 HP for daily driving. Now if you're at 1K on fuel only, it might be difficult to detune below 600 HP but there are very, very, very few trucks out daily driving with the ability to make 1KHP on fuel.

FYI, small, fast spooling turbochargers are more fun for daily driving.

My question to the original poster is how many high 800+ HP trucks run around on the street at 800+ HP for daily driving? I'll bet the vast majority of trucks detune to around 500 HP for daily driving. Now if you're at 1K on fuel only, it might be difficult to detune below 600 HP but there are very, very, very few trucks out daily driving with the ability to make 1KHP on fuel.

very true

I'd say take the fuel for the 1k---a fast spooling set of twins, setup to gate a bunch of gas.........

Then get your self a K cylinder of NAWZ to strap in the back of the truck for the dyno day....

Have your cake....and eat it too

Were still limited on the big chargers by programming....need more RPMS with FUEL.....MARCO---BOB.....:poke::rockwoot:

Last edited:
Alright Dockboy calm down I fly helicopters for a living so that over compensates for any dick size issues I might have. I stated why pistons were cut so much in a few posts back. As far as chargers and injectors I don't want to buy say Mach4's just to go back and say chit now I need Mach7's. Think about the guy that has a procharged camaro or nova at 1K just to go driving on the street on a sunday.

The stock turbo is enough to kill me if I'm not careful. Why would anyone need to spend 50K to kill themselves?

If the stock turbo is enough for you, stay under 60 or get some driving lessons LOL

Help me out here what would a Big Brother over a Phat Bastard equal out to in turbonetics???

Tight non waste gate turbine housings, an external gate on each charger, and a very good relationship with the local law enforcment agency? That would be my plan but could be a bad one who knows.

I'd say take the fuel for the 1k---a fast spooling set of twins, setup to gate a bunch of gas.........

That's the approach we take for customers that want Big Dawg status but still want to drive it every day... truck is much more pleasant to drive, and still quicker on the street than most trucks making a lot more power.

Reminds me of the old days when our Tri-Power 421s & 428s would beat up on the 426 Hemi Six-Packs... even if their plugs weren't fouled, by the time they'd get on top of the cam we'd be yanking the next gear.... lots of good fun on grudge night!

It's just physics, man.

That's the approach we take for customers that want Big Dawg status but still want to drive it every day... truck is much more pleasant to drive, and still quicker on the street than most trucks making a lot more power.

Reminds me of the old days when our Tri-Power 421s & 428s would beat up on the 426 Hemi Six-Packs... even if their plugs weren't fouled, by the time they'd get on top of the cam we'd be yanking the next gear.... lots of good fun on grudge night!

It's just physics, man.
What's a 426 Hemi Six Pak:charger: It's either one or the other not both.....

Too true - I should have said Hemis AND Six-Packs - hope it ain't Alzheimer's! :Cheer:

Street Hemis, of course, only had a 4-bbl or twin AFBs (Uncle Larry's '66 Satellite had Carters) - not as quick on the street - while the 440 (which was available with the Six-Pack) had more low-RPM torque, but the Pontiacs were what we settled on... after his '69 Super Bee, he switched to GTOs (how I turned onto them). :woohoo:

The only street-terror Mopar I knew of was Tom's DIY '70 AAR 'Cuda with the 340 Six-Pack and a crazy ring & pinion... no one could catch it up to ~ 40mph.

Back