Whats these 6.7's worth?

Got it picked up yesterday, complete with accessories, rad, condensor, lines and intercooler. Complete pullout from a wrecked company truck with 92k. Maintained by the local dodge dealer every 5000 miles. Feelin pretty good about it but wanna give it a good checkup without rebuilding it. Gonna do some more research on these things and come up with a tranny and t-case. Thanks for the input fellars!

Sounds like you got some reliable history on it, at least.
DELETE it and it'll likely be a fine engine.

First thing I'd do is yank the intake horn, fuel rail, lines and intake plate to clean out the crap and soot built up in the intake area, then drop the pan for the gunk that may or may not be in it.

Believe me, it'll look horrid in the intake. :doh:

Mark.

Sounds like you got some reliable history on it, at least.
DELETE it and it'll likely be a fine engine.

First thing I'd do is yank the intake horn, fuel rail, lines and intake plate to clean out the crap and soot built up in the intake area, then drop the pan for the gunk that may or may not be in it.

Believe me, it'll look horrid in the intake. :doh:

Mark.

Yes im definantly gonna do the deletes. Before just to get rid of that junk but had read on here this past week of the muck that will build up in the intake. Quick question though, whats the valve in the intake horn?

Never ceases to amaze me the junk they pack these engines with as far as emissions stuff goes.

Last edited:
The actual name of the air valve in the intake horn eludes me, something like "airflow control valve", or some such description?

Mark.